AfterDawn: Tech news

Polaroid unveils no-frills 7-inch tablet for $129

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 11 Jan 2013 8:44 User comments (10)

Polaroid unveils no-frills 7-inch tablet for $129

Polaroid has introduced a new tablet at CES this week.
The tablets main selling point is its price, which is just $129, undercutting all existing 7-inch devices from known brands.

Polaroid's new M7 has a 7-inch, 1,280 x 800 pixel display with 216ppi, an unspecified dual-core processor, a 2MP front camera and 8GB internal storage that can be expanded via microSD cards.

Additionally, the tablet will run on Android 4.1.

More info here: Brochure

Previous Next  

10 user comments

111.1.2013 21:22

No RAM specs, that could be a not buy depending on whats inside and what quad core processor it uses, to vague to gauge a real comparison to the somewhat knowledgeable consumer.

211.1.2013 23:05

Originally posted by pollution:
No RAM specs, that could be a not buy depending on whats inside and what quad core processor it uses, to vague to gauge a real comparison to the somewhat knowledgeable consumer.

I read somewhere it was

M7= 1.6GHz dual-core A9 processor with 1GB of RAM

m10= quad-core Cortex A7 CPU with 1GB of RAM
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Jan 2013 @ 11:05

311.1.2013 23:42

Sounds decent enough for its price point.

412.1.2013 07:39

i.e. some cheap Chinese thing w/ the Polaroid whore name slapped on it!

512.1.2013 12:09

Originally posted by bbbob:
Originally posted by pollution:

I read somewhere it was

M7= 1.6GHz dual-core A9 processor with 1GB of RAM

m10= quad-core Cortex A7 CPU with 1GB of RAM
Where did you find that? Is it official?

612.1.2013 12:16

Originally posted by xnonsuchx:
i.e. some cheap Chinese thing w/ the Polaroid whore name slapped on it!

You mean, the same almost every tablet, laptop and desktop makers do: Put the logo of their brand in the external case of anything built by little chinese children in Foxconn factories.

BTW, am I the only one or that screen layout shown in the picture resembles to Microsoft's Metro quite a bit?

712.1.2013 17:07

Originally posted by dali:
BTW, am I the only one or that screen layout shown in the picture resembles to Microsoft's Metro quite a bit?
Indeed it does. I was just thinking about that.

812.1.2013 21:54

Originally posted by PraisesToAllah:
Originally posted by dali:
Indeed it does. I was just thinking about that.
It is just a home screen theme. I know because I know someone that one with it.

918.1.2013 12:01

Nexus 7 is still a better deal, $249 for Quad+1 Tegra 3 and a 32 GB Flash

1018.1.2013 12:02

Nexus 7 is still a better deal, $249 for Quad+1 Tegra 3 and a 32 GB Flash

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive