1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

add files problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sorrow93, Jan 12, 2013.

1. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

I gave an old PC to a friend xp running Nero 9 for some reason when attempting to burn a data disc and adding files we cannot select any files or folders
    the usual explorer options of my documents etc has been replaced by a tiny window when we click Add files
    the tiny window gives no options to select any files whatsoever
    I tried installing nero 7 essentials and it does the same thing
    tried restoring windows explorer settings back to default no luck
    when I type in the file area "my documents" or anything it says not found
    at the moment nero 7 essentials is installed because 9 won't install properly
    it's a wobbly OS - I might consider a repair install or else a complete reinstall of OS but in the meantime just want my friend to be able to burn files to disc
    explorer is otherwise normal outside Nero

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

imgburn will get you up & burning until you get nero sorted.

As for nero i'd run their uninstall tool to get rid of all versions & then reboot & run it again to be sure then use ccleaner's registry clean button, however it sounds like windows registry has become corrupted or perhaps missing critical files nero needs to run correctly then again you say the OS is wobbly if that's the case adding more software to an all ready buggy computer will only make it worse, now would be a good time to reinstall & use the free app easeus todo backup to start making system backup images it'll make things better in the long run..good luck

4. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

thanks for the advice everything noted.
    in the short term I'll look for IMGBurn and wait for him to do a complete reinstall
    I did run CCleaner but I'm not 100% if I ran the registry clean might pay to do it again if I missed it

5. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member