1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to reinstall windows xp after crash

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by brenda893, Jan 13, 2013.

1. brenda893

brenda893 Member

I need some help ,first thing i must say is that i know nothing about computer technology, my computer crashed, a person got it up and running but now it has no internet connection . The person that fixed it said it might be because the mouse was unplugged at the time he ran the installation cd. Do you think it would hurt to run the cd again? The cd is called reinstllation cd microsoft xp home edition service pack 2
    i also have the drivers and utilities c51 resourse cd I hope someone can help me , Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and can help me .
    Brenda

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum. that person most likely did not install the drivers for the computer. do you have sound working? go into control panel, to system, click on the hardware tab, click on device manager & see if there is any unknown devices or yell exclamation marks there.

3. berrymartin

berrymartin Member

Windows XP is one of the most stable operating systems ever created. But like all operating systems, it is possible for it to crash for various reasons. This could be due to a virus, excessive "spyware" type programs or another software problem. Often, when problems on a computer are stacking up and cause it to crash, the best solution is to make what is called a "clean install" of Windows. This should erase any lingering software trouble on the PC and allow you to start over.

Instructions
    1-Put your Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM drive and restart your computer. If you are able to get back into Windows after your crash, you can restart by clicking on the "Start" menu, choosing "Shut Down" and selecting ''Restart" from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, simply insert your CD in the drive and power up your computer.

2-Press a key on your keyboard when you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message. This will start your computer from the XP disk.

Sponsored Links

SSL Certificates - thawte
    Choose from a complete range of certificates with the strongest SSL
    www.thawte.com
    3-Hit "Enter" at the "Welcome to Setup" screen.

4-Hit the "F8" key after you have read the Microsoft Software License Terms.

5-Follow the directions on the screen to format (erase) part of your hard drive so that Windows XP can be installed. Input your software key when the screen that asks you to do so comes up. Formatting your hard drive and installing Windows XP will take some time after you have begun the process.

Regards,
    Berry Martin

4. phonix01

phonix01 Member

Simply you can install your windows os after crash by using mini XP to your computer this will initially correct all the errors or crashed files and get back your os