1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Girl Needs Codecs Help

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Bree_Yah, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Bree_Yah

Bree_Yah Member

I need Help! I'm not a computer genius..my friend sent me videos from Japan that are AVI files but my Windows Media Player says the codecs are wrong. I have Windows 8 and there seems to be so many codec downloads available. How do I know which one to download and will I just be able to play my AVI files or do I need to decipher things and configure stuff...O-o...I started to download one here but its EULA wanted to add toolbars and change my browser and put all kinds of stuff on my comp. I don't want that! I just wanna see my AVI files. Help?? :)Thanks!! Bree

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. Bree_Yah

Bree_Yah Member

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Your welcome.No problem.I hope it works for you.

5. Bree_Yah

Bree_Yah Member

Hey thanks! Okay I got questions...I was getting ready to install this and in big red letters it said UNINSTALL ALL codecs before installing this comprehensive package. I have NO clue what to do...do I need to uninstall something first and how would I do that? I'm just not computer savvy enough :/

6. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

You can go to your control panel then go to add or remove programs then look for the codecs you installed the remove them.