1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VLC 2.0.5 Audio files for ripping

Discussion in 'Audio' started by WaveRunner, Jan 16, 2013.

1. WaveRunner

WaveRunner Member

Hi all...bear with me!

I was doing a search on the topic listed in the subject above and came upon an old thread on the same subject. A person had a problem ripping CD audio tracks using the newer version of VLC Media Player. The discussion went back and forth until the person requesting help went to an older version. FRANKLY, the original problem was never answered, "How can I rip into mp3 file extension. Eventually the thread ws closed and this SUCKS! The reason is that person like myself are trying to learn and we end up in these forems that go NOWHERE. Here is the original thread...
    forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/754282
    The newer version of VLC DOES rip to the mp3 file system and some moderator on this forum should have at least added a correction to that fact or left it open for future editing. Here is how! WHEN ASKED FOR A FILE NAME TO SAVE THE TRACK TO "ADD AN EXTENSION .MP3 TO THE FILENAME". Walla!!!
    PS: This forum needs some work...

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Yeah and that's like a 90 year old man waiting to have an erection.Which ever comes first!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  4. Mez

Mez Active member

I would suggest using one of the top rippers but suit your self.