1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert pdf to word or PPT?

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by youtuy2011, Jan 27, 2013.

1. youtuy2011

youtuy2011 Member

I've bought a pdf format ebook and would like to quote some sections to make a word or PPT presentation for my teaching class, buy somehow I can only copy text but not the charts and photos which are the most important things. So how can I convert the pdf ebook to word or PPT document without changing the original layouts? Can Adobe do that? Or any other software?

2. ballackay2010

ballackay2010 Member

Yeah I remember Adobe does have a professional converter can do that, but it cost a lot of money. You wont have to convert the pdf file. You can copy the text you want to your word or ppt file for further editing. As for the charts and photos, you can capture from the computers screen and then put it into your file. In that way you can easily make your own word/ppt.
    But if you still want to convert the file, you can refer to the following articles:
    How to convert PDF to Word
    How to convert PDF to PowerPoint

3. Vato

Vato Regular member

why would you even want to do that when you can just make it full screen on acrobat and hook it to a projector or TV and done.
    Or the other option is you can export each page from the PDF to a PPT page (but it will only be to be viewed and cannot be edited).

4. youtuy2011

youtuy2011 Member

Vato's idea sounds good

5. cruyu

cruyu Member

Converting a PDF to a DOC format can be challenging without Adobe Acrobat. As of October 2012, Acrobat XI Pro costs $199 on the Adobe website.But you don't necessarily need Acrobat to [convert pdf file to Word document]. There're lots of PDF to word/ppt converter on the Internet, just type your question to google and there'll be many recommendations.
    I don't have experience on [converting PDF file to PowerPoint], but you can try to save every page of the pdf file as image and export to a new PPT document.

6. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

7. rubiny

rubiny Member

That's a common question pdf users've come across.
    PDF(Portable Document Format) was originally developed by Adobe, therefore Adobe definately has the most professional converter to help you do what you need, with a pretty expensive price of course.I don't think there's any other way to convert pdf format to word or ppt without a software, unless you are a programmer.
    Here're some information that might help you to solve your problem:
    How to convert PDF to Word/PPT/Text/Epub/image/HTML
    How to convert PDF to Word/PPT/Text/Epub/image/HTML on Mac

8. Bentale

Bentale Member

For converting PDF documents to Word you need some tool which can convert pdf files to word and keeps the original formatting of the document intact. Here i suggest you to use Kernel for Pdf to Word which has the ability to convert multiple documents simultaneously.

9. berrymartin

berrymartin Member

There are number of tools available for converting pdf files to word, You can try one such tool called Kernel for PDF to Word and start converting your pdf files to word in no time.

Regards,
    Berry Martin