1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

icefilms

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fintannl, Feb 4, 2013.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

for those of you with an enigma2 box such as the dm800/vu duo suggest you google icefilms plugin. it may just change the way you watch tv

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

there is a similar one on the HM9001 box, streams movies etc via the add on

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

this one is kinda good, an a to z list of films and an a to z list of series. liked the sopranos, every one of them there, liked many movies that are all there, all dragged from sharbees, movreel and distant parts of the internet. funky

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

bit like letmewatchthisforfree, all free, apps like this on sat boxs really make them worth the money,

5. popeye10

popeye10 Regular member

i like the fact it has 3D movies on there that actually work well.
    another option is 1channel (made by same author as icefilms)
    for the movreel links to work well i suggest you register at the movreel site then put your username and password into........
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/icefilms/resolvers/res.conf

6. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Hi Fintan,
    I Have downloaded the plug-in to my pc , any chance of a guide to install it!? I have the "UNOFFICIAL DREAM ELITE V.133DV3 PHOENIX EDITION" cheers !

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

first and foremost there is a special version for your image type.

check this site (you will have to register) and download the

icefilms_py2.6_05012013b.zip

zip folder.

put files in location /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/icefilms

reboot box. now when you go menu plugins you should see icefilms plugin. Select it and you will get option for movies, tv shows etc....

Select a film, for example 'argo' (never use the HD download version unless you have very high bandwidth on your internet connection) usually there is a DVD RIP option. I've found that noe of the 2shared download options work for me while sharebees always work. Movreel is another option though one movreel option will work and the next will restart my box.

So once you have done all this you will find that nothing will play :). I don't have a dm800 myself buth the brother does have exactly what you have and I have been talking him thru this. The final piece of the puzzle is to sort out codecs that will allow the films/ tv shows to play. I would guess something like gstreamer or some media player available within the download plugins section on your image will work.

Can you please post feedback on the final step needed to get films to play. also suggest you register on movreel and do what popeye indicates above. Best of luck :)

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

9. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Thanks for the guide Fintan ! I did try beforehand but d/l wrong file and didn't get anywhere.I am at the "final piece of the puzzle" but when I go to : menu/plugins/manage extensions (red button)/ it says updating software catalog (searching for available updates please wait). Then nothing ! . Can't get gstreamer plugin so can I install it manually and put it in like I did with the icefilms zip?

Update ! I have found that the tv shows work with movreel but cant get any movies to work , when I pick a movie I get some options , I haven't tried sharebees , the 180upload gives me a black screen and movreel if there are two options one might be a black screen and one is a green screen and reboot ,any ideas !

Update 2 ! Movies are working , I tried the hd link just to see what happens and it worked I tried Iron man 2 and The avengers assemble hd links ( movreel , 180upload work ) , but when i tried the dvdrip link it went to a green screen ....looks like its pot luck with it at the mo

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

it is very hit and miss. many of the links crash my duo also. the plugin is at a very early stage but it ain't half bad :). So the important question. Did you have to load gstreamer or any other media solution to get the films/shows to work. The brothers system will open a media window but shows will not play on his system that do play on mine. And as said he has the same image as yourself. Thanks

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

by the way username and password require the parenthesis on either side. also sure it is not 'manage extensions'. from my recollection and i have only see the phoenix version for about 10 minutes there should be an addons download manager under plugins which you would use to download gstreamer

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

just sitting down watching 'life of pi' using icefilms thru my duo and thinking this is the coolest plugin developed. really brings into question the need for a tv card at all when you can watch any series, any movie whenever you want. simply the best

13. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Can't find gstream in addons I do have a vlc plugin ? . I tried to watch life of pie but the 11 links to it wont work : sharebees won't work at all , billionuploads tries a few seconds but nothing , 180upload I got a black screen and when I press the stop button it goes back to the 11 options , movreel = green screen and reboot ! some films and tv do work and it is a cool plug-in , thanks to yourself and popeye10 for the help !

14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

15. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i have ice films on my android media player and its really hit and miss as you say, its not down to your boxes i just think its the site as its hit and miss on my (cfw) ps3 also

16. karljd

karljd Regular member

Using icefilms on apple tv for over a year now,and i have to say it's been brilliant 99% of the time.Also using 1channel which has a lot more content.

17. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

I have used this before through Xbmc on my lappy, as you say fint, hit & miss at times.
    For a while now I've been using the "1channel" plugin on my Dm800hd & it's magic, no problems at all. I'm sure I d/l it through the TSPanel.....

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  18. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

yep, downloaded the 1channel plugin from the vix plugin manager yesterday. no restarts to report and huge amount of content. the new icefilms plugin would seem to need a little more work

19. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Finally sorted on this ! ended up changing image and also got 1channel . It's handy to have both especially watching a tv series sometimes icefilms may not have all the links so switch to 1channel and it might have it , and vice versa . Cheers Fintan !

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

no worries. would you please post links to image, bootloader and version of icefilms you used when you get a chance.Will be useful for other folks. Thanks