1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Wireless Question

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DADEO1, Feb 9, 2013.

1. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

I have wireless setup with a bridge, it all works fine. Can I run a Ethernet cable from my router to a powerline adapter and use this as a connection for a device also and have it all stay on the same network? I have a device I would rather run hard wired than wireless, but can't get a wire to it. This is why I was thinking about the powerline adapter. Thank you.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Don't see why not. I have AT&T U-verse service which uses a router for several different devices. My main desktop computer is not wireless and I do use an Asoka pluglink (powerline adapter) to connect this desktop to the router. Works fine for me. You will need at least two adapters; one to the router and one to the device. I have a third adapter to use for the occasional device that may show up at my place.

3. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

rulisky, thanks for the information. You even answered the question I forgot to ask which was if I can add a 3rd adapter and by your comment I can....thanks again.

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Welcome. Enjoy.