1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking my Windows 7 PC with Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by killiano, Feb 11, 2013.

1. killiano

killiano Member

Hi there,

I have a PC running Windows7 and an android tablet running jelly bean.
    I've been trying to link them in order to access the PC files from my tablet on the same wifi network but can't seem to do it.

I can't find a suitable VPN app and have tried Jump Desktop but it's not suitable. Also Dropbox is not what I'm looking for.

Any help on how to network the two devices would be much appreciated. I have networked PCs and laptops before but never over android so am a newbie at this and so baby steps are the way forward!

Much appreciated.

PS. Apologies if this is replicating another thread but I search and couldn't find anything. If it is I'm happy to be pointed in that direction.

2. barborian

barborian Member

getting files from your pc is easier than you think just follow these steps: download and install ES file explorer from the play store and then open it, you will see in the top left corner :local: tap this and select lan from the drop down menu. then look at the top right of your screen and tap new and then tap scan from the drop down menu, all devices connected to your network will show up on your tablet and you can explore them, if you explore pc`s or laptops they may ask you for your normal login details before letting you explore the files on them

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  3. myavt

myavt Member

I find the ES File Explorer really difficult to use between my Nexus 7 and my PC Windows 7! I am wanting access to my media files and it gives me NONE but the very most public files (samples). ...but THEN I am given the guts to WINDOWS--so I could allegedly delete my hard drive... I don't know how this has come to be!

I saw some program where there was an option to refer to the Nexus 7 as an "online drive". That way, when I go to look at my drives and files, while on my PC, the Nexus would be right there! I would really like that. Does anyone know anything about this?

Mya

4. barborian

barborian Member

the best thing to do is make a folder on your desktop of your pc and and put any files that you want to use into the folder, when exploring your pc with es file explorer go to users and your desktop and the folder that you created its very easy.