1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I convert mini DV tapes to DVDs without the camera?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by MandiJune, Feb 17, 2013.

1. MandiJune

MandiJune Member

I also used to have a Sony miniDV camera.How do I convert the tapes to DVD without the camera? I sold the camera.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I don't think it is going to happen. See if you can borrow a video camera that will play those tapes, and capture them, as DV-AVI files, to your computer with a capture software of your choosing.

You can then burn the files to a DVD.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i had to look on google what you meant by miniDV (but i know the things basically a mini vcr tape,havnt seen them in years).

if you have the video tape that holds the mini one for playback on a standard vcr hook the vcr up to a dvr and should be able to record.

if you can get the tape to play back there are several options for recording it on a computer.usually capture card in your computer and dual output to your moniter and tv.

and yes if you can get hold of the video camera that would work too.

4. MandiJune

MandiJune Member

Thank you guys but I found out walmart now has a service that they send the tapes off and they can put up 2 hours or 2 tapes on one DVD for like $20.