1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream box , free tv ???

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by stretch2, Feb 22, 2013.

1. stretch2

stretch2 Member

Hi all new to this sort off thing , was looking step by step instructions to get free sky using one of these boxes ,please help ,sky is a joke!

2. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Sent you a PM there stretch and next time try posting in the DVB section as you will get a few replies there.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

4. husskii

husskii Member

hi dub12dave, im also reading around the forum trying to learn this for my self. i currently have one already setup receiving free tv, but the guy i paid to set this up is hopeless, he never comes over to repair it. since getting it i am missing quiet a few channels which i know are available. he was supposed to turn up a few months ago but always has an excuse to why he hasnt..

for this reason I would like to know how this is done so I can setup my own and not have to pay this guy again.

I currently have a dreambox DM800HD PVR and its connected to the internet also connected to a dish with 2 or 3 cameras on it.

I am wondering if I can do the same setup but without using a dish like connected to my pc or something. I found a guide by piopat for a blade box but you need a c line and have to connect to someones server.
    I live in Australia so also not sure if it differs in any way.

Thanks in Advance
    Huss

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

not sure how things are in Oz regarding sat TV and cardsharing or if it even works over there with changes that happened, but no, your alluding to internet TV, prem chans via the web, you have a dreambox sat box, for this to clear chans you need a cline and connecting to anothers server or box, same as here,

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

if you already have channels working then all you need to do is scan in your missing channels. Using remote press menu, goto setup, service searching, automatic transponder scan and scan in all the channels for the relevant satellite(s). Once completed then go back onto any channel, press the bouquet button, press the red button or 'all services' scroll down the list to the missing channel and with it highlighted press the menu button and copy it into whatever bouquet. Repeat for all channels that are missing. hen delete all the old channels. The reason channels stop working is because from time to time channel frequencies change. When this happens you need to do an automatic scan to scan the channel back in again

7. piopat

piopat Active member

you ont get sky free unless you have a friend that wil be kind enough to give you a share . if you had your on card you could share with someone ,for instance you give them your movies and they give you their sports ,but you need your own server for that .that leaves buying a share ,but all options involve the channels being paid for .

8. husskii

husskii Member

thanks for the replies
    I was thinking to scan channels but coz Im new to all this I was a little scared I might stuff up the current setup and hence have to t to watch :)

my current setup will finish in about 6 months and then the guy will expect a renewal payment for the next yr, but honestly he has the worst service I have seen compared to others. so my options are to either learn how to create my own server and provide my own channels or find a new guy in 6 months to link me to his server which costs about $250 - $300 a year.

I have been searching the net for months trying to find how I can create my own server but I guess I really don't know what I am searching for, or people like to keep this info under wraps.. :)