1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which HDTV to buy? 50" RCA or 50" Vizio?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by malcdogg, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

First of all, thank you for your help. It's appreciated, believe that. :)

I need some opinions, I'm planning to buy one of these two TV's in the next couple of days and I'm somewhat stuck on which one is the best buy.

First up is a Vizio 50" LCD 1080p, model:E500AR. I've had good experiences with Vizio in the past BUT...that was then, this is now, and for the price ($548), it seems to have competition from RCA.

Next up is an RCA 50" LCD 1080p, model:50LB45RQ. Price ($530). I've never owned an HD RCA, but I haven't read any bad reviews about it thus far.

As far as I can see (on paper) the main selling point of the Vizio is the contrast ratio (100,000:1 vs 1,660:1 for the RCA).

The main selling point for the RCA is the viewability, angle-wise (178-degree vertical and 178-degree horizontal). I like that idea, especially with as many children as I have.

I'm seriously hoping some opinions from people who know a LOT more about this sort of thing then I do will help settle this debate for me.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.