1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best photo editing software today?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by firstrev360, May 6, 2013.

1. firstrev360

firstrev360 Member

What is the best photo editing software, in your opinion?

2. ireland

ireland Active member

free-Photoshop CS2 downloads

Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

downloads and keys are here by adobe
    http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

i found no great ones to use with the new systems.like 7 or 8

i use windows xp mod on win 7 to use older stuff like picture it 2000.

only good one thats works great on win 7 is
    Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Best ? wasn't aware there was such a thing however there are numerous freebies

gimp
    FastStone

You can web search for the rest,linux also has versions incorporated into live cd's/dvd's

4. firstrev360

firstrev360 Member

I used to have Adobe CS2 in my old pc. But since I upgraded to Windows 7, I am now using Adobe CS4. I love it. I haven't tried any other tool. I heard that some prefer using Corel Draw. Is it easy to use?

5. ireland

ireland Active member

TO INSTALL CS2 ON WIN-7

Tip: Ok, here we go, before you try to install any software on Windows 7, make sure you running the application as administrator by right-clicking the installer icon and selecting "run as administrator". For the record you can also set to Windows XP SP3 in compatibility settings on the Installer.

If you have installed any product of Adobe CS2, you must uninstall CS2 completely (not just Photoshop) and specify that the preferences are to be removed as well. When you re-install, the installer will give the default install location as something like "C:/Program File (x86)/Adobe" but, when you click "OK" install will respond that the location is not valid.
    DO NOT RESPECIFY AS "C:/Program File/Adobe", that's the location for 64-bit apps and CS2 is 32-bit and needs to be in the (x86) folder to work properly.

Replace "C:/Program File (x86)/Adobe" with "C:/Progra~2/Adobe".

The installer may not "light" the OK button. If so, click the browse button then the cancel button and "OK" should activate.

That's it, CS2 will install.

If, after the install completes, you get the message that the app may not have installed properly, you probably did something wrong (i.e., when it's in the 32-bit program folder you won't get this message).

Remember, this fix ONLY APPLIES TO Windows 64-BIT OSs. There are other causes for the message "Your adobe Photoshop user name, organization, or serial number is missing or invalid. The application cannot continue and must now exit.".

ONE MORE TIME

1. If you installed Adobe CS2 before in that computer, you must uninstall CS2 completely (not just PhotoShop) and specify that the preferences are to be removed as well.

2. Set the installer (setup.exe) to "Windows XP Service Pack 3 comparability" (right click installer and select option to do this), and Run as Admin.

3. When you re-install, the installer will give the default install location as something like "C:/Program File (x86)/Adobe". Replace "C:/Program File (x86)/Adobe" with "C:/Program~2/Adobe".

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

coral draw free trial,would most probably be better to run in a virtual pc or a sandbox to save adding more gunk to the registry as well as system32 folder,or search for screenshots of it,of all the graphic software i've installed regardless if payed or free,large or small footprint they all seem similar in layout,personally tho the bog std version of ms paint in windows is te bomb :p

http://www.corel.com/corel/category.jsp?cat=cat4130083&rootCat=cat3610091

edit:
    there is another commercial graphic software assuming its still going
    turbocad

just remembered another free one besides gimp
    paint.net

awww too much maaan no sooner do i check my email alerts what do i see
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/desktop/3d_modeling/freecad.cfm

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  7. aldan

aldan Active member

was using ps7 with windows 7 and it worked well.going to take a look at cs2 tho.

8. teday

teday Member

I have Corel Paint Shop Pro X3. Its reasonably priced and does almost everything I need to clean up my digital photos, and keep them organized. When I want to print it lets me put several pictures on a page and re-size each one to fit the way I want.
    It doesn't do all the things P.S. does. You cant swap peoples heads, but you can remove some objects from a photo and it looks pretty good.

9. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

it all depends on your needs.i use an old version of photoshop for basic resizing and editting.
    designers use a variety of program including autocad programs and about 3 of the latest photo editting software.
    professionals even go to the extreme and pay a few thousand for top programs.

im happy using an old version of photoshop as it has most the basic features i need.

10. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

swapping heads would be as simple as cut & save the cut head & then paste,if ms paint can do it so can coral