1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 disc DVD changer. Continuous play?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by thomas44, Jul 6, 2013.

1. thomas44

thomas44 Member

Is it possible to set the player to play the 5 disc one right after another without interuption. This would be for an older person to watch her shows without stopping after every disc.

If it's possible, what brands can you do it on?

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. thomas44

thomas44 Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm still a little confused by the comment I read. "The player gives you all the convenience of a carousel changer--continuous playback, play exchange...". I assume that's what you were referring to. Is that "continuous playback" for one DVD or from disc 1 to disc 2 etc.? And the word "convenience" would have a different meaning to a 90 y.o. women with Alzheimers. Hitting a button on a remote is not considered a convenience for her.

I was hoping I can get a response from someone who has one and tried it.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

play exchange means you load all bases & can switch discs in & out while one of the discs is in use,so it would play from disc 1 thru to disc 5 without stopping even if you open the tray to load another disc after one or more is finished being watched,no i don't own one i have owned an older sony 5 disc carousel & it did just that,however that one may actually continue back around from 1-5-1-5-1-5,regardless load 5 discs it will play them all 1 after the other

the other option is rip all the discs or rip n convert to mp4 play the whole lot if computer can connect to tv

5. thomas44

thomas44 Member

Thanks for your replay. I found one at the Goodwill for $1.29 that plays the disc continuously. Unlike the last one I tried. Of course I have to take out the menus so it doesn't stop there on the next disc. I've taken out menus before so this shouldn't be a problem.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

yeah menu's suck just as bad as copy right warnings,lets face it if you rip a disk those will get warnings removed,if you don't know how to rip your more than likely never going to rip a disk in which case they just piss you off