1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 12 - slow burning

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Thommo14, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Thommo14

Thommo14 Newbie

I have installed Nero 12 and am trying to burn some video files (vobs) using Nero Burning ROM's video option, but it's taking more than 40 minutes. Nero Burning ROM reports that it's burning at 16x (no simulation). My previous experience of Nero (version 9) completed this job in less than half that time burning the same type of files.

This is a new system build with a clean install of Windows 8. My burning drive is a tsstcorp cddvdw ts-h653z. I've checked my BIOS settings and this drive has UDMA mode 2 enabled. The drive controller is enabled for RAID so I tried to switch to the two other options given to me in the BIOS settings (SATA and AHCI), but Windows won't even boot selecting these.

Checking my Burning ROM logs, I see that Nero sees the burner as non-DMA, even though the BIOS reports it's enabled. I've checked Device Manager and I cannot find an option to enable DMA in Windows.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

To compare, download and run ImgBurn.
    Select 'Write files/folders to disc'.
    Using -R media, insert one, check 'Test mode' and uncheck 'Verify'.
    Drag or load the VIDEO_TS folder into the window.
    Click the 'Device' tab, note the available speeds and select one.
    Start the simulation burn.
    The log is displayed on screen as a separate window.

3. Thommo14

Thommo14 Newbie

I quickly tried burning with the Windows built-in burner and it only took 6 minutes, so looks like a problem with Nero. Now, how to get Nero to use DMA??!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  4. attar

attar Senior member