1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by agent-k, Aug 18, 2004.

1. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I had this great idea yesterday that we could have a new section devoted entirely to having a laugh.
    No computer questions would be asked and so no one was under any pressure to give answers.
    Just a quiet place to chill out with some witty banter.

So in the interest of research I decided to go out to the local bar and get some opinions.
    I get into the bar, order a drink and notice this gorgeous blonde with legs longer than a deep sea oil rig, though somewhat hairier and more muscular than I would have suspected. Ignoring the warning signs I continued to tell her about my idea of going somewhere quiet for a laugh. She seems to like the idea and leans over and whispers in my ear with a deep husky voice 'wait here big boy, I'll be right back', then she strides off into the gents toilet.
    By now the penny had dropped, so I legged it over to chat to another woman in the corner tapping away on her laptop. She gets the wrong end of the stick completely and calls her gorilla of a boyfriend over. He heads towards me with a face like an Athlon processor after an hour of playing UT2004, glowing bright red and smoking. In an effort to frighten him off I told him I was friends with Nephilim but this just seemed to make him even madder.

Any way, the ambulance driver told me that although he thought my idea was a good one he must insist that I put the oxygen mask down as it was only meant for accident victims. I replied that if that was the case then I was entitled to use it, as my parents had never planned to have me. He did not appreciate this and snatched it off me.
    Now after sucking on the oxygen mask for fifteen minutes I realise now that I may have been hallucinating but there was no way I was going to let a big purple goblin talk to me in this manner, so I grabbed his stethoscope and yelled into it.

I don't know about you but I've never been thrown out of an ambulance before. I only wished it had stopped or at least slowed down to about 30M.P.H. The nice policeman took me home and I'm o.k. apart from a slight chaffing around the wrists from the handcuffs.

The lengths some of us will go to in the name of research..!
    All in all I think my idea received some positive feedback.
    What do you think?

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Nice idea, agent-k. as the Safety valve forums seems to be more for non AV or IT questions or for having a rant.

A joke forum might be just the thing to relax and be silly and let people calm down and have a laugh. It might even relieve the tensions of the forum as well :D.

You should suggest it in the feedback and suggestions forum.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's because I did things to his girlfiend I wouldn't do to a farm animal and he kinda sorta found the tapes.

4. magnetic

magnetic Regular member

excellent suggestion agent-k and your bar story was completly unexpected , nearly causing me to choke on my beer with the laughter, but I'm confused you seem to think we have lives away from the PC?

and as you introduced the topic;
    a friend of mine years ago went to Mexico on a work trip and decided to stay, now this guy would chat up any girl if he took a shine to her, and I can safely say this was most of the time. (why one night, we [bunch of the lads] were out drinking [a leisurely 10 or twelve pints, cause we'd work in the morning and didn't want a hangover], and he spotted this woman (well when I say spotted, I actually mean the girl was sitting not two feet away on the bar couch), and he said 'I know her, I'm sure I do, I'll just ask her from where', we never saw him again that night and her boyfriend wasn't too happy either as he sat like a third wheel while my mate chatted her up.

Anyway where was I....
    mexico, yes...
    my mate, in Mexico, early one morning (around noon), spots this girl across the road and being himself immediately stops and heads over for a chat.
    That evening they meet for the date, you know... meal, drinks, a bit of chatting....
    and then back for coffee, "you know 'coffee' "
    and back at her place they're getting quite close and a questing hand encounters the unexpected....
    needless to say he legged it outa there......
    if only he hadn't e-mailed his friend at home the whole story I may never have found this out.....

You know something- I think some of us (me) should just stay away from the comedy stories.....

5. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

just thought id put it up in big bold letters so you remember for next time...=P