1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

107 Pioneer Showing old disc info.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by marineboy, Oct 20, 2004.

1. marineboy

marineboy Guest

I have the most annoying problem with my pioneer 107 drive.

After a restart it will read any disc properly as it should, but after i eject that disc and insert a new one, when I navigate my way back to the e: drive i shows the info for the old disc, obviously when i try to copy a file an error message apprears.

i have flashed the drive will all the official firmwares and un-official firmware.

tried new ide cable, different master slave combo, device on its own. to no avail.

XP Pro + windows service pack 2

(seems to only do this on dvdr recorded on my old sony dvdr (which was shite) DW-U14a (also flashed)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  3. marineboy

marineboy Guest

cheers, this has been driving me up the wall. I just altered the reg file and restarted and it seems to work!!!!!!! hurray. lets hope it stays that way, if not. I'll be back!!

thanks again.

4. marineboy

marineboy Guest

i am now certain the problem arises when you flash the drive. as i earlier said i changed the reg, restarted with the original pioneer firmware all ok.

then flashed with patched .118 and same problem. I went back to the reg and my entry (1) had been deleted. I simply inserted the 1 again restarted and bingo. all back to normal with excellent burn and rip speeds of patched .118. brilliant

ta very much

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anytime :)

6. OzMick

OzMick Guest

I have the same "problem", but I'd personally prefer to have autorun disabled if it means saving the risk of protected audio cds from installing things behind my back and having rental dvds try to install players. I've also got DVDIdle, so it lets me eject DVDs while they're still playing, confused a few people doing that when they ask what I'm watching. That trick aside, its an excellent program just thought I'd share that one.