1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Softmod with SID 4.0! Tells how to get on XBL too!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by azzidrain, Mar 3, 2006.

1. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

The most up-to-date tutorial and most current softmod files can be found at How to softmod your Xbox with SID 4.0

How to Softmod
    Written by AzzidReign (on aD - azzidrain)

Requirements:

Newest Microsoft Dashboard

Action Replay:
    [​IMG]

1 of these 3 games:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SID 4.0 - Softmod/Linux files (Each download contains all files for all 3 games):
    Download

NOTE: After you download this file, go to the file location, double click it and extract it. Do NOT extract any more files! When you try to transfer the game save over and you get an INVALID GAMESAVE error, then you did not read this note.
    If you have linux files from another tutorial, delete them and use these since these are the essentials to this softmodding tutorial.
    Only extract the SID-4.0-Nknave.rar, NOTHING MORE.

Step 1: Install the software that came with your Action Replay (will be referred as AR from now on). If you are confused at what this means, a disc comes with AR, put that in and install it.

Step 2: Plug in your AR USB adapter into your USB port on your computer. Make sure your memory card is in the adapter now.

Step 3: Bring up the AR program. It should look like this:
    [​IMG]

Step 4: Take the SID4.NK.Launcher file from your folder you saved it to and drag it to the Memory Card (MC) slot on your AR software. It should look like this:
    [​IMG]

Step 5: Now, there are 4 files left for each game that I stated above in the requirements (2 for Splinter Cell). Take the file that is associated with the game you are going to use. NOTE: Splinter Cell has PAL and NTSC, please choose the appropriate file. If you do not know what to chose, please ask someone from the site for assistance.
    Depending on which game you use, this is about what it should look like (this is exactly what Splinter Cell users should see):
    [​IMG]

Step 6: Once you have both files on your MC, remove it from the AR adapter and bring it over to your Xbox. Plug it into your controller and boot up your Xbox without a game in the drive.

Step 7: Transfer the files onto your hard drive (hdd). To do this go to the "Memory" screen from the main standard MS Dashboard. When you get into the memory menu, click on the memory card (by pressing left on the D-Pad) and select it by pressing A. When you get into your memory card and find the file, you might have to press the right button on your D-Pad to select the file and then choose copy. Do this for BOTH files or else the installation will not work/start.

Step 8: Now that the files have been transfered to the Xbox, put the game in that you are going to use to softmod with (Splinter Cell, Mechassault, 007:AUF). Each game is different when it comes to how to load linux. Here's the break down:

Splinter Cell: Go to Start Game, click LINUX, and you wont see any check points, but still press A for the Check Points twice. Then the installer should load up. Pics of the process:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mechassault: Go to Campaign, click Run Linux and that should load the installer. Mechassualt is known to be harder to get the installer loading since it requires a certain edition. Please be sure that when you have 'Run Linux' highlighted, the files description is as follows:
    Controls: Normal
    Difficulty: Regular
    Current Level: Going Down Hard
    If that does not show up, then you will have to get a different version or get Splinter Cell or 007.
    Pics of the process:
    [​IMG]

007: Go to Load Mission, then select the Xbox Hard Disk option and that should load the installer. Pics of the process:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is what Softmod Installer Deluxe 4's menu should look like:
    [​IMG]

Step 9: This is a KEY step! Now that the installer has loaded, go to 'CREATE MS BACKUP'. This is incase you want to unmod your Xbox for any reason/technical reason.

Step 10: This is another essential step! Go to 'CREATE EEPROM BACKUP'. If you do not do this step, the installer will NOT let you move on. After you click that, a new menu will come up. In that menu, click 'CREATE EEPROM BACKUP'. When that is done, click 'BACK TO MAIN MENU'.

Step 11: Once you are back to the Main Menu, scroll down to 'Install Softmod'. Here's what you should be choosing for each menu (this goes in order):
    a] Click Dual Boot for NTSC or PAL (which ever one is for you, if you do not know, please contact someone for assistance)
    b] Click Knaves Ndure, Open tray = Retail
    c] Choose either the Installation for EvolutionX or UnleashX. For a Novice, I would suggest UnleashX.

Step 12: Three messages will pop up. After reading and understanding each, Press A. On the 3rd message, you will get this message: "All requirements pass. Continue Install?" Click Yes.

Step 13: After the installation is complete, you will get this message:
    "Softmod successfully installed, your virtual eeprom must be patched, after eeprom, now you'll boot to installer"
    That sentence did not make sense to me, so just press OK. Now a new message pops up:
    "The installer will now boot to patching system after it is completed, please turn off Xbox and power back on without game disc to finish install."
    Click YES.

Step 14: Press eject and take out your disc and then close the tray. Turn it off. Once off, turn it back on by pressing the power button. When it boots up, UnleashX will appear with a "Softmod Successful" message. It says that it needs 1 more step to finish the install. PRESS A.

After it is finished installing everything, your Xbox will automatically reboot and your UnleashX dashboard should appear. Congratulations! You have just successfully softmodded your Xbox!

Please read this tutorial to insure that you will never have a broken Xbox from being softmodded.

Trouble Shooting and FAQ
    If you are having problems with this tutorial or ran into a problem, read http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbo...00-sid-4-information-faq-troubleshooting.html This is a very detailed guide as to how SID works and how you can fix your Xbox if something happens to go wrong.

How to get on LIVE!
    IMPORTANT: When doing this, make sure your LED is green. GREEN = safe to access LIVE! RED = Not safe to access live and can result in a permanent Xbox ban!
    Step 1: Hit Eject. Make sure the LED is GREEN! If it's red, you can get banned.
    Step 2: Put the game in you wish to play on LIVE!
    Step 3: Sign in to Xbox LIVE!
    Step 4: Play and ENJOY!
    NOTE: I've been told that you may have to change your IP to DHCP (aka automatic IP) to access LIVE via the modded dash (most likely UX)!

NOTE: This tutorial does NOT let you evade the banhammer from Bungie and Halo 2 modded maps.

Other Useful Tutorials/Links:
    How to FTP
    FTP to your Halo 2 Maps
    How to Mod Halo 2 for Beginners
    How to Burn Games
    Emulator Downloads
    How to Use Auto-Installer Deluxe

©AzzidReign at http://www.Se7enSins.com/

CREDITS: Pictures of the installer and the games menu's from the SID 4.0 manual. Thanks goes out to those that made this happen: Nknave, DJB, Pirrup, and everyone else mentioned in the manual for the great installer and the manual for me to encode for the non-so-technical group of people. Their site: http://www.xbox-hq.com/

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  2. xxboxxx

xxboxxx Member

great tut good job!

3. Druid666

Druid666 Member

i am trying to install xbmc and when i connect the xbox to the pc... and connect the ftp it woant pop up my drives on the ftp program... does anyone know how i can fix this problem? email me at i'manidiot.com edited by ddp or post a reply

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  4. xxboxxx

xxboxxx Member

you either dont have a crossover cable or you have set up your ip settings wrongly if your using a router. tell us exactly what you do.

5. JulesWinn

JulesWinn Member

My dash is (1.00.4920.01). So I'm guessing that it wouldn't work.
    Where can I get Auto-Installer Deluxe 3.0 Final DVD to finish the install?

I'm not familiar with torrents and stuff. :|

6. stone1992

stone1992 Member

How do I get the evox dashboard with splinter cell?

7. stone1992

stone1992 Member

whenever I click on MSdashboard, it sais error 21

8. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

@Stone
    Did you follow all of my tutorial? If so, to get to your ms dash, you have to hit the eject button to turn your Xbox on. You cant access it through Evox or UnleashX. The reason for this is so you will be able to get on XBL.

@Jules
    If you have access to XBL, then you can upgrade your MS DASH that way. I think certain games will do it too. I'll look into how you can update your dash so you can follow the install. BTW, thanks for pointing this out, I knew I forgot something :p

Updated Xbox Softmod Tutorials

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  9. JulesWinn

JulesWinn Member

Thanks for looking out for me azzidrain. I don't have XBL so I guess that's a major problem. I also looked around your forum and saw that Halo 2 would upgrade it, but I have already played the game and hasn't upgraded the Dash. I also went ahead and tried to install the mod anyway, but it wouldn't work as my Dash wasn't up to date.

I would appreciate the help. Thanks for what your doing. =)

10. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

So far...what I've found was...you might have to use SID 2.0 or 3.0 just to get the softmod installed. Then you'll have to get AID and I think that there is a thing for the newest version for the ms dash...I'll keep lookin into it tho.

EDIT: What you can do is buy the expansion disk for the Halo 2 maps...and I believe that that will upgrade your ms dash. See if a friend has it and try to borrow it (or I'm sure you can find it at a torrent site lol).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  11. JulesWinn

JulesWinn Member

See if you can find that thing that can update the dash.

I don't know anyone who has that expansion disk. And downloading on torrents for me would be suicide since I'm on dial-up. I live out in the boondocks and no company will provide high speed out here. :|

If you know of a game that would certainly update the Dash I would rent it.

Again, thanks for the help. ;)

Edit: If I get Sid 3.0 would it work with my Dash?
    Also do you know if I could get most of the stuff that works with 4.5 to work with the 3.0 one?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  12. drluv

drluv Regular member

Hi! i realize this is a very noob question, but i would realllly appreciate the help,
    i have ms dashboard version 5960
    i need to downgrade it to 4920 to get my particular splintercell softmod to work.
    is there a softmod for splintercell for version 5960, and if not how can i downgrade my version?? ive been at it for 3 days straight, any help would be greatly appreciated!

and if this problem has already been solved a link to the tut would be great!

thanks alot, symon

13. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

@drluv
    Just do what my tutorial asks. This is for your ms dash version so no need to downgrade.

Also, sorry if people are clickin on the links. We just upgraded our forums to vB and all our url's changed. I'll get an updated tutorial asap (still workin hard on my site to get everything back to normal...sorry for the inconvience).

14. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

stickied

15. drluv

drluv Regular member

haha ok then, thats aweosme thanks alot man! sorry for asking before reading, very noob of me... thanks again,
    ~sy

16. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Not a problem bro! I just hope this helped in the end :D

17. nokio420

nokio420 Member

do you play halo if so can you help me get higher so maybe i dont get modded if so send me your GT or send me a friend request to my new account NOKIO NL

18. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

No, I dont play much LIVE! And when I do, I play legit...dispite the knowledge that I have about modding Xbox's and Halo 2. I'm an old time Halo PC modder...and if you know anything about that...we just mod to have fun and not cheat people. Sorry.

19. nokio420

nokio420 Member

Thanks any ways

20. crime805

crime805 Member