1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a solution to TPMGEnc after its trial has run out??

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by help_need, Jul 3, 2003.

1. help_need

help_need Member

HI PEOPLE im looking for some help here i have used the trial on TPMGEnc and now i cant finish using it to do my other avi files to mpeg i tried reinstalling it and all that jazz but still nothing is there any other easy solution to this??? and also i was wondering if i had a movie on the pc and wanted to put it to a dvd-r do i need a dvd burner??? or can my normal one do it? if anyone can help it will be great:)

2. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

yes u need a dvd burner to burn dvd-r no a cd burner wondt do it, as for TMPGENC if u want to use it after the trial runs out BUY IT!!!!!!!!

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Buy TMPGEnc, nice quality from it but still the same annoying pause that comes with TMPGEnc! Which is why i like CCE SP! As for resetting the clock in TMPGEnc lol, i dont reckon u will find the answer round here! Although an older vbersion of TMPGEnc had unlimited MPEG-2 encoding!

4. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

Thing is there is a big difference between the $48 that tmpgenc plus costs and the £1950.00 that CCE SP costs which puts it out of reach for most users, of course there is the trial version which has the annoying logo, but after that runs out you still have the same problem.

5. Dela

I completely agree lol but i bought it for 200 on an auction i got lucky that there were a few legit copies going!

6. help_need

help_need Member

and thanks for the help people i was wondering is there any other type of program like TPMGEnc for this stuff? that could at least have a trial version? i have no credit card for this stuff?

7. DustyCat

DustyCat Member

I found a version of TMPGEnc that has only a trial version however, when the trial version is up ONLY the MPEG-2 conversion part is disabled, everything else is still available. I liked this version much better than the previous one I had where everything was disabled after 14 days. I don't remember where to get it though, go to Yahoo and do a search, Try going here: http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html

8. help_need

help_need Member

ok thanks so much for your help man i found the version of TMPGEnc your talking about now after 30 days it says it runs out but can i still delete it and reinstall it over again???

9. Dela

No Pegasys inc are pretty clever im afraid, they will make sure there is no way you can reset the 30 days, you will have to purchase TMPGEnc Plus! Its a nice program and well worth the money IMHO!

10. help_need

help_need Member

well sure dela i understand but what can i do i have no credit card??? anywayz reg cleaner always helps there but maybey not this time lol thanks again people everyone on here is always so nice and helpful take care for now all i might be back with more questions soon:)

11. Dela

lol anytime man :)