1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adobe premiere pro 7 will not run

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by unfat, Oct 5, 2003.

1. unfat

unfat Member

I'm trying to use Adobe Premiere Pro 7 for the first time but it wont load. The splash screen shows "loading Reverb6.dll" - a windows error message appears saying "Adobe Premiere Pro Startup error"

Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any valid video editing modes. Please reinstall and start again. I have done so but with no change.

I am running XP Pro SP1 - 2.4Ghz Intel 4.

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

An update: adobe premieier pro opened fully for the first time without error. however it then upon exit will not open again - the error keeps returning. one thing i've noticed is that the adobepremeirepro.exe is still a running process in the process list after checking control alt delete - it has to be ended manually. Still premiere will not work.
    no ideas why? anyone help?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  2. s0da

s0da Member

I'm getting the exact same error message!! Please, anyone who knows how to resolve this problem replay!!

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well maybe it is the Copy that you downloaded...The Version that i have works great on XP Home and a 2.53ghz P-4...The version I downloaded was something like 270mb...Cuz there are Quite a few different versions Floating arround....Just a Thought...

4. unfat

unfat Member

287MB binary image of CD. Is this correct version? I think it is.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Size seems about Right...It is strange that it works on some Systems and not others..Maybe it has something to do with XP Pro?? Sory I can"t help...Cheers

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm... have you checked the posibility that it isnt?

7. vctrt1

vctrt1 Member

Uninstall any video codecs you have will make it run, then install them one by one to check wich one causes the problem.

8. goglplx

goglplx Guest

I get exactly the same error and abort as the original poster....can't find anything on the Adobe website about this particular problem.

Windows XP Pro, SP1
    1.8ghz, Pentium IV, 1gb ram, 80gb system drive, 60gb secondary drive (Partition), QT 6.3 Pro

Regards,

Chuck

9. rak

rak Member

I had a same problem. I Tried to uninstall Nimo Codec Pack (pack of DivX,XVid ...) and it works now !!!

10. lowfour

lowfour Member

Hi

This seems to be related to some audio plugins... Check the \Plugins\VSTPlugins folder. Try to move to another dir the Reverb6.dll... That's a typical error with missing or faulty VST plugins that also happens often in other audio software such as Cubase or Nuendo.

Hope your problem will be solved...

11. unfat

unfat Member

Uninstalled nimo codec pack 5.0.
    Problem solved.

Thanks for those who helped on this topic.
    Regards

12. rypowell

rypowell Member

Before finding this forum, i have been uninstalling and re-installing repeatedly, so frustrating. Then i uninstalled nemo.
    UNINSTALL NEMO CODEC PACK. WOrked for me!!

Thanks!!

13. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Believe it or not... NIMO isnt designed for the average dude to just come in and click Next, Next, Next, Next and then be able to get stuff to run. It's an excellent package -- it's just that you need to select which codecs and filters you want to use. Most people make the mistake or are too lazy and end up just installing everytjhing. THis is definitely not the approach intended. Head on over to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/48608 to see a sample config.

14. Minion

Minion Senior member

Absolutly correct...Most poeple when installing Codec Packs install every single codec in the Package which causes more Problems than it is Worth cuz Many Codecs conflict with each other and some are Just Plain Buggy as Hell Like for instance the "Angel potion codec" ...I only install the Codecs I need No more and No less and when I need a Particular Codec I just install it and if I don"t this I"ll need it again I delete it...

15. jugalo180

jugalo180 Member

i'm getting a similar error, mine is saying this

"Adobe Premiere Pro could not load any audio drivers. Please reinsert Adobe. Premiere Pro and start again."

it happens when the splash screen is loading the reverbs and other audio drivers. i tried removing them but that doesn't work.

16. biwann

biwann Member

There is an incompatibility with your sound card drivers. Here is the solution :
    1- Uninstall any audio drivers & packs (such as Nimo codec pack and so on...).
    2 - Download & Install the latest proper drivers for your sound card (I ve got a SBLive 5.1 which needs specific drivers not supplied by win XP and caused the error you mentionned).
    3 - Restart your computer.
    4 - Launch Premiere 7 and enjoy :eek:)

17. harisjk

harisjk Member

Its LAME MP3 Encoder!! I HAD the same problem.
    Premiere stopped working after I installed LAME and I was getting the same error. I read this post and uninstalled LAME and premiere is working again!
    NIMO pack also has LAME encoder, so before you uninstall the whole pack try unistalling LAME first.

18. mryazz

mryazz Member

I was having the same problem and installed the ACE codecs pack using "custom" install and disabled installation of the LAME encoder and POOF! Now it works fine.

Thanks to all for the advice.

-YaZz

19. esoterico

esoterico Member

PicVideo codec also causes the same problem. Uninstall it and it will work.

20. esoterico

esoterico Member

PicVideo codec also causes the same problem. Uninstall it and it will work.