1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321GONE DVD X Copy Express DVD BackUp Screen Remover

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

This is a little tool I wrote this afternoon to remove the annoying DVD Back up intro screen from DVD-R's made with DVD XCopy Express.
    Please bear in mind that it's still in the early beta stages and whilst it works flawlessly with DVD X Copy Express 3.0.1 through to 3.2.1.0 and Windows XP, any other configurations that it does not work with let me know. I'll try and fix it.

How It Works.
    It's a one button solution.
    Let DVD X Copy cache the DVD to the hard drive and wait until DVD X Copy prompts you to insert a blank DVD.
    Then Launch 321GONE, click the Remove 321 Intro Button.
    To should now see either:
    Intro Removed (Movie Only Mode) 321 Gone will now exit.
    or
    Intro Removed (Entire Disc Mode) 321 Gone will now exit.
    This means 321 Gone has performed the patch successfully.
    Now insert your blank DVD-R and complete the burn in DVD X Copy.
    You will be pleasently surprised to see no DVD Back Up Screen.

Download Here:-
    http://psidoc0.tripod.com
    Regards,
    Psi

Edit:
    Version History:
    0.00001 - The Beginning!!
    Movie only mode implemented and working.

0.51 - The Search for Full Disk (14th Jan 2004)
    Made the button box neater (0.00001 was just a lash together)
    Entire Disk (Single Language) mode added

0.61 - Accomodating the wealthy!! (18th Jan 2004)
    Added manual file search if the backup location cannot be determined (Possibly for XPress Gold bundle users??).
    Added XCopy XPress Platinum Bundled version support (Now the rich people can play too!!)

0.62 - Fixing The Bugs, adding the Gold!!!! (20th Jan 2004)
    Gold Bundle is now supported. (Many thanks danger1)
    Fixed Minor bug in Manual Search. now it works ok. If the prog cannot determine from the registy where the backup is then Manual search is invoked.
    Also removed the the "This Prog is for Xcopy XPRess warning... Non XPress owners beware!!!.

0.63 - Removing the water splash (25th Jan 2004)
    Now the info on the date / time and the license number of the program that did the backup are removed as well as the 321 Backup screen. I believe that some refer to this as the "Watermark" - Well it ain't there no more!!

Si

*** Fault Finding ***

Problem: Got The Message "Intro Removed (Entire Disc Mode) 321 Gone will now exit" However the Intro is still there.

Explaination: This is a Multi Language DVD, which is not supported as of yet. I am working on this please be patient.

Problem: XCopy Xpress is in movie only mode and yet I get the Message "Intro Removed (Entire Disc Mode) 321 Gone will now exit". How can this be?

Explaination: This should NOT happen. EVER! However I mention it here due to the fact that I had to remove 1 safeguard against incorrect patching to enable Full Movie mode, so if there is even a 0.0000000000001% chance of it happening then you should know about it.
    If this does happen don't burn the movie. There is a chance that it will not play properly. Redo from the start and do not patch. However please e-mail me a copy of the VIDEO_TS.IFO for analysis.

Regards,
    Psi
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Duron 1600 Applebred @ 2172 Mhz (181 FSB x 12)
    Asus A7N266-VM (FSB Jumper unlocked) Nvidia Geforce 2 Onboard
    2 x 256 MB 2700 DDR
    WD 40 GB
    Pioneer DVR106D 1.07 RPC1 with 12x rip firmware
    All the usual toys and trimmings to go with the above![/small]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  2. RWG

RWG Regular member

Just tried it w/ DVD X COPY 1.5.2 - not Xpress or Platinum. I've changed my default cache folder to c:\xcopy temp. Ran XCOPY, then 321Gone, saw now action - no buttons to push, no prompts seen. Movie is 80% backed up, will check it and finish here...

Ok, ran it in my c:\xcopy temp cache folder and no success. Didn't work for me using DXC 1.5.2.

later=

3. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

I did say it was for DVD X Copy Express, not the straight X Copy or the pro, platinum or gold.
    I think the problem maybe locating the temporary back up file on the hard disk.
    With XCopy express it reads the registry entry.
    Maybe that reg entry is in a different place.
    Regards,
    Si

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Just downloaded your program and will try it when I get home from work. I'm running express 3.2.1 and Win ME. I'll let you know what happens. If it works, It will be a great solution to an annoying problem.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

PsiDoc, Tried your program last night with 1 movie. Didn't work. Gave error message (file not found or already patched. Checked movie after and 321 screen was still there. I use E:\temp as the holding area since my c drive doesn't have enough room left. Could this be the problem? Also Xcopy version is 3.2.1 and Windows Me. Good try, I with it had worked. It would make things easier and faster for those out there not into ifo editing.
    Jerry

6. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Jerry,
    Thank you for your feedback. This is the kind I require to make this little program universal.
    OK You say it does not work in Ver 3.21 and you get the error message, Cannot patch this file or it is already patched.
    This means it did not find the corect Hex coding in the file, which means they have moved it in that version.
    I'll get a version 3.21 and have a look, and fix it.
    I think I may have to get the program to search for the correct part of the file to patch, as opposed to assuming it is in the same place in all versions.
    Thank you for your comments.
    Regards,
    Psi

Last edited: Nov 8, 2003
  7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

PsiDoc, Update::: I decided to reformat my hard drive and remove all partitions to make more space and clean it up. After hours of re-installing eveyhing I did a quick backup of Lilo& Stitch and tried your patch again. Still on Windows Me but this time my temp file was on C drive. Your fix worked great. I'll try a few more and keep in touch after each try. But it worked great this time. Keep up the good work. I think the problem My using E drive as temp before. Jerry

8. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Jerry,
    Glad it works for you.
    Interesting how it doesn't work on the E:\
    drive mind, I'll have to look into that.
    So far I have used it 14 times with 100% success, but then I have alway used the C: drive for caching the DVD.

Regards,
    Psi

9. koola

koola Guest

Great little program, pitty about DVDXCopy Express being absolute shit!

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

PsiDoc, Here's another update. Tried to backup Daddy Daycare with x copy express because I wanted to see how bad compression was. Both movie versions are on same side of disk(6.8 gig). I did complete disk backup and you pacth gave me the (file not found or already patched error) Thought I did something wrong so I tried it again next day. same error. Then tried movie only and your patch worked. I don't know if thats the way you wanted it to work but it works on movie only backp. Still a nice little patch for movie only backup. Hope this helps. Maybe thats why it didn't work with temp file on E drive. I can't remeber if that was full backup or just movie only. Jerry

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  11. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Jerry,
    Thank you again, now this is coming into the picture.
    My X Copy Xpress only has the movie only option (3.0.1) This would explain why it does not work the full movie. I had no way of testing that.
    I am assuming that the part of the files it patches to bypass the 321 screen must be in a different place on the full movie version.
    As I said I'll get a copy of 3.2.1 and have a look at the files it outputs. I think I can mod the program to actually search for the Hex string it needs, then patch it.
    If you get the "file not found or already patched" error then it has not done anything. It's looked at the files and realised that the file cannot be patched for some reason.
    Regards,
    Psi

12. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

Oh for God's sake, use dvd shrink! Forget this 321 crap. I have had more problems with xpress than any other dvd ripper.

DVDSHRINK!

13. koola

koola Guest

Here, here!

14. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

Like the old addage goes, "people don't care how it works, just that it works."

It is a pity that more people don't believe us when we say dvdshrink kicks the fat ass off of express.

I guess they will keep farting around with it until they get sick of it and realize they can't back up their backups.

People, dvdshrink is free, FREE. dvd shrink is GOOD. dvd shrink is the absolute BEST DAMN PROGRAM FOR BURNING DVD'S! Hands down. Take 2 hours, learn how to use it, and I will accept your gratitude later.

Ahhh, now I got that out of my system. Back to ripping.

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You guys don't seem to understand that its guys like PsiDoc that gave you programs like DVD shrink. I know how to use shrink, and all the other ones out there. Its just nice to see someone try to beat the system, thats why I input my findings to him. I have been playing with computers for over 15 years. I have built my last 3 systems. I have some basic programing skills too, but no time to play with that kind of stuff. I just like to help when I can.
    Jerry

16. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hey Lannigan, Who said you can't backup a backup made with X copy express. I do it all the time.

17. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

What version of express? I can backup backups made with v. 2.5 but with the new 3.01 and 3.02 I have a hard time. You telll me you can backup a backup now? What with dvd decrypter?

18. RXman

RXman Guest

I just put my backup and use copy discy with Roxio. Works like a charm. Copy of a copy.

19. koola

koola Guest

Whats this lannigan, your a user of DVDXCopy Express. But you said ii was crap?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD Guides, Info and Tools: http://www.simpleguides.tk ** New DVD Shrink Guides **
    About Me: http://www.cursedtome.tk/
    [​IMG]
    As sly as a FoX![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2003
  20. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

X copy express I use is 3.2.1. Like previous post,
    I use disk copy from record now. Once copy protection is gone, it's a regular plain disk, but if you try x copy to copy it again it won't work. I never tried Shrink or Decrypter to do second copy since it worked the other way for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.