1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RedXpress DVD CopyWare 2.1

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by neserrano, Nov 9, 2003.

1. neserrano

neserrano Guest

Bought the software and install it but will not open at all. I explore the disc and it has only 2.5 MB in it, is there anyone can tell me if this is right? I think I've been robed or this copyware is really bad.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well It seems from there web site this is for the Mac so I guess you have a Mac Computer??
    Since it is for the Mac no one here probably knows much about it, but I can tell you that if the Program is 2.5MB then it could be the Full Program cuz there are Backup Programs for PC that are smaller than that...It seems that there Just isn"t much software out there for the Mac especially in the dvd Backup/Video field ,so if you also have a PC then there are lot"s of Programs that are free you can use to backup your Movies ...good luck

3. RandyAndy

RandyAndy Member

DVD Copyware is designed to run on the back of Nero 6 which came bundled with Copyware as an OEM copy. You must install Nero prior to installing Copyware as it tags on to Nero.
    I have not had any copy failures or glitches.

4. Paladin36

Paladin36 Member

I also purchased DVD CopyWare and I can not get it to run. I had my own copy of Nero installed, did not think I needed to istall the OEM version. Do I have to uninstall my version and then install the OEM version? What do I need to do next? Or can I just install over my version of NeroContacted the distributer, but no reply yet and Redxpress DVD CopyWare are not working during the holidays.

Thank you.

5. RandyAndy

RandyAndy Member

I would uninstall nero and then install the OEM version followed by DVD Copyware. As far as I can remember, Nero uninstalls pretty cleanly, but scan for nero components all the same.
    Installing it this way worked for me first time even before I looked for Nero and Copyware updates.
    Something else to consider is that DVD Copyware is bundled with Nero V6. What version is your Nero?
    All you do is double click the Copyware Icon and not open up Nero as it piggy backs Nero.
    I hope this helps you out.

6. Paladin36

Paladin36 Member

Thank you, I will try it, my version of Nero is "Nero 6 Ultra Edition". Plus I installed all od the updates.

7. Paladin36

Paladin36 Member

Well, I uninstalled my version of nero, DVD CopyWare, installed the OEM version of Nero, installed DVD CopyWare, rebooted and it did not work. DVD CopyWare want load. Two error messages, "Wrong HD serial in License file" and "Missing or invalid license Re-install to repair."
    Thanks for the help and advice, I'll wait till Jan. 5th when the support team is back to work at Red xpress to get help from them.

Thanks

8. RandyAndy

RandyAndy Member

Now get the updates for both pieces of software. I know that the DVD Copyware update resolved issues that some users had.
    It sounds like maybe the uninstall wasn't totally clean. Try a re install of Copyware again.