1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC hardware sales and good deals (RETAIL or ONLINE sales NOT personal sales) ....

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by greensman, Jun 11, 2008.

1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Haha, cases are made of metal. That doesn't wear out that easy. The CM590, 690 or the Tempest wont wear out. You could build 10 different computers and keep on using those cases. What makes the Lian Li better suited for this? They will both last the same amount of time.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Debatable, very debatable. Cheap plastic cases fall to bits.
    However, the comment about cases not lasting was directed at you selling them, not that they don't last structurally.

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

There is a reason I mentioned CM690 and the Tempest. I meant those cases which are good in construction and not that expensive.

Follow along lol.

4. spamual

spamual Guest

sams right i was takign about them lasting ur selling lol.

lianli are such quality. you honestly have to fele one and build one in real life to apreciate it.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I've seen them and they're definitely well made, I just wish you could buy one for less than £120+ that is actually cooled properly.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ouch; when i was the same age as you young un's, a pc was for long term (just as it is now); admittedly my mate was like you lot, he always had to have the latest and greatest video card or whatever bit of kit; then he'd get bored of those bits after a few short weeks until the next fad was on the market; i'd usually have his cast-off's for next to nothing; but it still (quickly) got to the stage for me where there just wasn't a point (or need) to keep upgrading just for the sake of it even with a constant supply of very good & cheap stuff; ie a pc ended up being a constant work in progress and was never actually used for anything for long enough, so i stopped needlessly upgrading back in the 90's. These days i still spec up a pc to last for a few years as a pc is simply a tool to get things done, and consistently for long-term

/me is glad he's not a young un even though me was never really a young un to start with :)

7. spamual

spamual Guest

the one i said is well cooled, and even better is the £60 PC7

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Creaky, I primarily build my PCs to have a little fun with, but mostly to sell. That's why they don't last that long. I honestly don't need a powerful computer and I'm pretty happy with what I have right now.

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

Cas 9... I think DDr2 will get better performance than that! Still good price considering it IS DDR3.

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

1333mhz DDR3 @ CAS9: Response time 6.75ns
    800mhz DDR2 @ CAS4: Response time 5.0ns
    800mhz DDR2 @ CAS5: Response time 6.25ns
    667mhz DDR2 @ CAS5: Response time 8.33ns
    400mhz DDR1 @ CAS2: Response time 5.0ns
    400mhz DDR1 @ CAS3: Response time 7.50ns

I know it's not as simple as that, but that's the basic idea.

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

I wasn't gonna post this but it seems like one heck of a deal to me. :)

Gateway FX7026 $649.99

yeh, yeh... i know it has Vista but look at the specs.. it's dang good for that kind of money. Just helped a fellow member build (well pick parts) and he didn't get quite that system for the same money. NOT a bad system but NO quad and NOT 640GB of storage. ;) NOT knocking the deal he got but this is good. lol. :D

Ok lemme have it.... whatchu fellas think.... now you can ramble on ABOUT this system for a post or two!!!! hehehee. :p

...gm

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Ehhh, I wish it had a Q6600. Then you could overclock it to 3Ghz with a BSEL mod. But 650 is a great price considering it cost me 820 to build something similar(4850 instead of 8800GT, 250GB HDD instead of 640GB). So I guess it's a moot point because the two hardrives would have cost more than the price difference between a 4850 and a 8800GT.

Yeah, that's a great deal and it's good for gaming. Two thumbs Up.

Oh and I might buy that Verbatim media, but I have had bad experience. I bought a 15pack DVDDL. Only 5 worked and 7 coasters.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  16. greensman

greensman Regular member

5+7=12... hmmmm got 3 left... lol. :p

The thing with DL media is to burn it slowly and make dang sure your burner likes the media.. It's expensive and most drives will do ok as long as you burn between 2.4x-4x. :)

Yeh I know the system is a little lacking but for the money it's NOT bad. I didn't see what brand of mobo it had but I'm sure it'll last a year or two... lol. :p

You should try that media boozer... it's ok and if you burn it at 12x or lower I'm sure you'll have 100% success unless your burner is crap or you jack with the thing while it's burning... lol

...gm

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

haha, I don't jack with my drive while it's burning. I only burn at 2.4x in imgburn or 2x in DVD Decrypter. DVD Decrypter seems to work better for me.

I still have some left. I hope I can get a replacement from Verbatim because it cost me 45 bucks for the 15pack.

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I have yet to have a Verbatim coaster on me. Granted I don't burn that often, but I always burn at maximum speed. That now means 20x, on 16x discs of all things - still worked... :p

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    Nope! I want the 9850 Black edition! Better bang for the buck!

Russ