1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining BIN files together on 1 CD? (SVCD)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Khriez, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Khriez

Khriez Member

How do you join more than 1 BIN files so it can fit onto 1 DVD blank disc? Because the files are more than 750+ MB and my blank CDs can only hold 700 mb, now when I burn BIN to the CDs, the video is corrupted (not enough room on CD) ?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want to put Multiple SVCD Bin files on a DVD then you are going to have to do a few things...

#1) First you are going to have to extract the Mpeg2/SVCD video file out of each of the Bin files..
    To do this you can use a Program called "ISO Buster" and extract the "AVSEQ01.MPG" file out of each of the Bin files ,The AVSEQ01.MPG file should be inside the "Mpeg2" or "MpegAV" folders in the Bin files...

#2) Now that you have extracted the 2 Mpeg files out of the Bin files you have to Join the 2 SVCD Files together into a single Mpeg2/SVCD File...I suggest useing "Mpeg2VCR" to join the 2 Parts of the SVCD Movie....

#3) After you have the 2 Parts Joined into One Part you Have to seperate the Mpeg2/SVCD File into seperate audio and Video files so you can Re-Sample the Audio Frequency to 48000HZ..You have to do this because the Audio on a DVD "MUST" be "48000HZ" or it will not Play and SVCD Audio is 44100HZ...
    To do this I also suggest useing the "De-Multiplex" feature in "Mpeg2VCR" under the "Tools" menu....

#4) after the Mpeg2 file has been De-multiplexed into seperate audio and Video files the audio Must be Resampled to 48000HZ to do this you can use any Audio encoder that supports Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio like a Freeware one called "Headac3he" or you can use "Tmpgenc" ,Whatever you use the audio has to be resampled to Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio at "48000HZ"...

#5) now you get to Put the Resampled audio and the Video file on to DVD but you have to realize the the 480+480 resolution used by SVCD"s is Not DVD compliant so most DVD authoring Programs will not accept the Files as being DVD Compliant so what you have to do is make a "NON-Standard DVD" and the Best program for Putting SVCD files on to DVD to make a Non-Standard DVD is a Program called "DVDLab" which is Free For 30 Days and one of the Best programs for DVD authoring...

#6) So just download and Install "DVDLab" and then Load the Video file and the Resampled Mpeg1 layer 2 audio file into DVDLab and follow the Instructions in the Help File for Authoring a DVD...
    You Get to add menu"s and Chapters and you can even add your own Video and Audio clips as Menu"s as long as they have the same Properties as the source Files...

Good Luck...Cheers

PS: Just In case your thinking there Must be another easier way of putting 2 SVCD Bin files on a DVD and have them play in your DVD Player, Well this "IS the Easiest way and the Best way and it really isn"t very hard....

3. sandokand

sandokand Member

Hi Khriez,

first of all, are you sure you have burned the BIN files to a CD correctly? An 80 min CD can hold almost 800 MB of information when it is burned in the mode for video CDs. I hope you aren't trying to burn the files as data... then they would neither fit on the CD nor work properly afterwards.
    There are many guides on how to put a CD image (the .bin file) back on a CD, my favourite method is to mount the image as virtual drive with Virtual deamon manager (find it on Google), and then do a direct CD copy with any capable CD-burning software.
    As for which is the [bold]easiest[/bold] way to put SVCD mpeg on DVD, I have been advised to extract the mpeg files from the disk image (bin), I do it with the tool "vcdxrip" from the VCDImager suite, and put them as data on a DVD. Many modern DVD-players will allow you to browse the disk and select the file you want to play, as you would do on a PC.
    cheers,
    SK