1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

install emulators

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dtone99, Aug 12, 2004.

1. dtone99

dtone99 Member

To make things short....I transferred the snes and genesis emulators to the xbox but when I go to the xbox to try and play, the emulators dont show up. Am I not doing something right?

by the way, no errors while tranferring
    thanks

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You can try making a folder in the E or F drive and transfer the emulators to there.

3. dtone99

dtone99 Member

I did, but on the main menu where you choose 'Self Installed Emulators' there is no sign of any of them.

4. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

firstly i assume your using evox from the
    "self installed emulators" text.

If this is so you need to ftp into your xbox and transfer over the evox.ini and examine where it points to your emulators.

For example it might point to say
    autoadd item E:/apps/emulators
    or it might just be E:/emulators
    or F:/apps/emulators, F:/emulators

So for example if its the first one you must put the folder containg all emulator data in its own folder in the emulators folder like so each emulator has its own "root" folder

E:/apps/emulators/(emulators containing folder)

which in your case would read say

E:/apps/emulators/snes

Now in the for example snes folder you must have all the emulators game data and the emulators own default.xbe and possibly even a folder enitiled "roms" where you put your chosen rom files but some emulators have the roms files loose not contained within their own folder.

With all that you "should" now see all the emulatoryou added listed in the self installed emulators sub menu after you press the "A" button.

Regards

5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

This might sound stupid but when you have ftp them over restart your xbox and they might be there if you did it correct in the first place. When i ftp'd my emulators i didnt reset and they wasnt there, when i reset they were there.

6. dtone99

dtone99 Member

Scotsmen, the evox ini file points to f:/apps/emulators. When I put them in that folder they never showed up. I did a little browsing and noticed that the 'E' also had a e/apps/emulators directory. I tried to put them there and it worked.

I appriciate everyones help

7. c-lark27

c-lark27 Guest

i feel you on that but my question is where are the emulators and roms located, irc is not the right way to go as far as i can see but if any one has info on this email me back at chrissstyle4@hotmail.com

ps see if there is a site to go to

8. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

Sadly this forum is NOT the place to request roms.

As for the emulators themself thats easy try a "search" in googlefor "emulators for xbox" and it will throw up a shed load of hits.

Regards

9. isuballr

isuballr Guest

Scottsman, where does the default.xbe file come from? when i download the emu's, i don't see this file in any of them. can i just copy a default.xbe file into a new emu?

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You can't just copy the default.xbe, every default.xbe is different. That file is the boot file and is designed specifically for a game or emulator. If you downloaded an emulator without that file, it's probably for PC then, not Xbox.

I have a question of my own. Anyone has Quake 2X running on Xbox? I have no idea how to install this. I have a folder containing:

-baseq2
    -audio (.bin)
    -default_devkit.xbe
    -default_retail.xbe

Do I need the PC image of Quake 2 installed somewhere on Xbox? Thanks.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]"I have a sexy accent and make one mean cup of coffee."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2004