AfterDawn Forums

Swap magic homemade.

This discussion thread has 9 messages.

i got the swapmagic iso off the internet. and i put it on a cd-r as an iso using alcohol 120.
my ps2 doesnt read the swap disc.
should i just buy the real one.

Another Idea.....Grab the Fire Extinguisher!!!
▼▼ This topic has 8 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
i'm no expert but ur ps2 wont play the swap disk because its a burnt copy, the reson u need the swap disk in the first place is to play burnt disks so in other words u have to buy one

PS2 v10 w/ flip top & swap magic 3.3
O/S: XP home 2002 SP2/Genuine Intel T2400 @ 1.83GHz/1GB RAM/120GB HD
you are correct lisamw. if you could download a burn stuff that would load on the ps2, then there would be no reason why you couldn't just do it with games.

V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
Pioneer 107, ritek g05
DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero
well than i wonder what they use cuz an iso is just a image that the ps2 can read. and the iso i got has the files ps2 recognizes to boot on not like a game.
but i prob will go out and buy one.

original ps2 games have bad sectors that only the ps2 can read. you cannot duplicate these sectors, so when you put in a burned disc, the ps2 knows its not an original.

Pioneer 107, ritek g05
ooooo. so magic swap has the speacial thing to make ps2 skip the bad sectors

Swap Magic is a pressed cd/dvd

PS2 v4 Flip Top/SMD cd v3.0 dvd v2.0
Dvd Loader
Dvddecryptor
Alcohol 120%
Disc Id Utility cd/ Id Patcher
swap magic HAS the bad sectors. the swap magic people just pressed the swap magic program over an original ps2 game.

Pioneer 107, ritek g05
sneaky people.
supposed ill just have to spend the 30. not to bad.
thanks alot guys

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.