1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restart Loop? Help me

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by teamjimby, Aug 19, 2004.

1. teamjimby

teamjimby Member

Hey,
    I've recently replaced my power supply from an antec 300W to an antec 350W. For whatever reason, when windows is loading at the first screen, it always stops and restarts. I can boot fine in safe mode, but never regular. I upgraded from windows 2K to XP and it does the same thing, except now it displays a blue memory dump screen when it restarts. The real kicker is that it will work perfectly fine at my friends' houses, but will always restart at my dad's house and my apartment. Both my dad's place and my apartment are probably 30 year old buildings, so I suspect the wiring could be a problem, but then also my dad's comp and my roommates comps work fine at the places. Does anyone have any advice? My only possibly plan is to change the power supply, but I have no idea what to change it to. Thanks.

AMD 2500+ XP Barton
    MSI K7N2 Motherboard
    512 MB DDR Ram (Crucial)
    GF4 MX 56 MB Graphics
    Seagate 80 GB Hard Drive

2. teamjimby

teamjimby Member

Wow, what are the odds. My friend made the connection that I was using my power cord at my dad's place and my apartment, but other people's at their houses. So I switched power cords and it worked fine. This could have very easily contributed to my old power source burning out in the first place. Somehow there must have been just enough damage done that it could boot fine in safe mode but not regular.... What are the odds. Well, I don't need any more help, but if you ever run into this kind of a problem you have another solution to consider :)