1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRQ problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by animedev, Aug 20, 2004.

1. animedev

animedev Member

Hello,
    About a month ago, i installed the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card. It worked fine and great, but after installing, i'd have to disable it to burn a CD or dvd with my Lite On DVR LDW-451S. I reformatted my computer several times, but still had the same problems. I use Windows XP Professional with SP2. I upgraded ALL of my drivers, but still no help. I read a help tip to get my burner working, and it required me to switch my Primamary IDE Cable to change its data transfer type to PIO instead of DMA. This REALLY goes too slow for me, and i need the speed. So i asked around for help, and someone suggest to me that it might me an IRQ problem, so i checked teh IRQ's of all my devices in Device manager, and IRQ 11 has 7 things on it. This seems strangley odd to me, and i would like to know if this is causing my problem, everybody on these forums are always smart about everything, so if you have a little idea if this could be the cause of my problem, please tell me!

IRQ 11 Shares:
    Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (LNE100TX v4) - PCI Card
    OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller - Came w/ Sound Card
    NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (MS Corp) - PCI Card
    VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) - Built into motherboard
    Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) - Part of Sound Card - PCI Card
    Microsoft ACPI-Compiant System - Under System Devices in Device Manager
    VIA REV 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller - Under System Devices in Device Manager - There are 2 of these

P.S. I have already tried Swithching PCI Slots
    And after using Windows 2000 for a day, i burned 2 cd's no problem, and only had one random restart while doing abuot 10 things at once. If you need to know anything else about my computer, please just ask!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Did you disable the on board audio when you installed the new card? May be a conflict between the 2 audios.

Jerry

3. animedev

animedev Member

yes i did

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I think your VIA AC97 audio controller is part of your on board sound. Try to disable it in device manager for awhile and see what happens.

Jerry

5. animedev

animedev Member

yes, it is built in, and i did disable it.
    I have a K7VAT Motherboard with the VIA KT-133 Chipset. it is a VT82C686A model. I think the manafacturer is Lucky Star. Disableing the built in Sound Card didn't work.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Where did you disable it, in device manager or in Bios? I had a pc with a similar board and had to do it in the Bios. Doing it in device manager wasn't enough. Just guessing, Your system my be different.

Jerry

7. animedev

animedev Member

On my Bios, the Only thing that i foud related to onboard audio was in Intergrated Prehiperals >> Legacy Audio, i disabled it, but it still showed up in Device Manager, and i disabled it there too