1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bin and cue files svcd to dvd..in laymans terms?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by carlnamy, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlnamy

carlnamy Member

hi this is my first post so please dont blast me as i have searched to no avail.what i have is 2 disks both bin and cue files and i have only ever used avi to dvd using dvd santa and cucosoft avi to dvd, but im totally lost on this one so please could somebody explain in noob terms.ahh not only that i will need to join em too and a little hint on that would be great..many thanks in advance.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I"ll try to tell you want you have to do But it is Pretty Involved so don"t get Discouraged....

You can Put SVCD/Mpeg2 files on a DVD as a Non-Standard DVD that should play in most every DVD Player....

You are going to need a Couple of Programs...
    One is called "ISO Buster" which you can use to extract the Mpeg2 file out of the Bin files...

And you are going to need to have a DVD authoring Program so you can add your Menu"s and Chapters and Burn the DVD...The only DVD authoring Program that supports SVCD files on to DVD is called "DVDlab" so you should get that, do a Google search and you will find a 30 day fully working demo of it....You can also Get "ISO Buster" off the net...

#1) Install ISO Buster and then just drag the Bin file to the Left side of the ISO Buster window and drop it there ,The File should Now be loaded and you should be able to see what is inside the Bin file...
    Inside a Folder named either Mpeg2 or MpegAV you will find a File named "AVSEQ01.MPG" ,Right click this file and go to "Extract and Filter Only M2F2 Mpeg frames" and then give the New file and Name and directlry and save it and in a Few Minutes you will have a Mpeg2/SVCD Video file .....

#2)Now Install and Run DVDLab...
    On the Bottom go to the "Audio and Video" window and click the "Import Files" button and import in the Mpeg file created By Iso Buster.....
    First thing will happen is DVDLab will ask you if you want to "de-Multiplex" the Mpeg file into "Elementary Streams" and you answer Yes and then let it do it"s thing and it will seperate the File into seperate audio and Video files and Load them into the "Audio and Video" Window ...
    When it has finnished de-Multiplexing the File an error message will come up saying the the Resolution is wrong for DVD and some Players Might not Play the Disk (They really do 99% of the Time) and there will be a Message saying that the audio needs to be transcoded to 48000Hz and just click "OK"...
    Now a message will say "Transcode audio Now" and you Click OK and then Click "Transcode" and in a Few Minutes the audio will be Transcoded and the new audio file will be in the "Audio and Video" files window...
    Now you are ready to make your DVD....
    You just Drag the audio and Video files from the Bottom to the "Movie 1" window at the Top...
    Now drag a picture from the "Backrounds" window on the Bottom" to the "Menu 1" window at the top....
    Now all you need to do is use the add Text Button to add a few Words to the Menu like "Play Movie" and then right click the Words" Play Movie" and go to "Link" to "Movie 1" to "Movie Start" and that is it....
    Now you have a Menu that will play first with a Button link were it says "Play Movie" and you just click the Link with your Remote controll and the Movie will start....If you want to put more than one Movie or Clip on a DVD you have to go to the Top Left and right click "Movie 1" and go to "Add Movie" and now there will be a "Movie 2" window and you Just drag and Drop the Next Movie files to this Window and you will also have to add another Link from the Main Menu to Movie 2.....

When you have you Project all set up just go to "Project" to "Compile DVD" and select a place were the DVD Folder will be saved and put a Blank DVD in your Drive and check the Box next to "Automaticly Start Recording" and when your Ready press "Start" at the Bottom and wait about 30 -45 minutes and your DVD will Be ready...
    If there is something wrong with your Project like you Forgot to put in a Link or something then DVDLab will tell you so before compliening the DVD and if you really really screwed it up DVDLab won"t let you compile the DVD......

Good Luck and I Hope this helps....

PS: if your SVCD movies are in 2 different Parts then you should Join them together before Loading them into DVDLab...You can do that with Tmpgenc by going to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Merge & Cut" and Load in both Files and click "Run" and it will join them into one File but make sure you check the File after Joining because the Files can go out of Sync sometimes after were the second Part is Joined....

3. Natas621

Natas621 Member

Worked perfect Thanx!!!!!

4. DataRS

DataRS Member

Thanks Minion, this work nicely

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

This apparently won't work for vcd's. I got through all the steps untill I drug the vidio files to the movie 1 window. At that point an error screen poped up and said system encountered an error and crashed. I thought I had finally found some freeware and instructions I could understand. I've been trying to copy my vcd's to a dvd for months. Can anybody help? I almost had it this time. Btw very good and clear instructions Minion.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want to put VCD on DVD then you can not use DVDLab because it does not support Mpeg1 Files but you can still do it you just have to use a Different DVD authoring program Like "Tmpgenc DVD author" ,It supports Mpeg1 files and with Re-sample the audio to 48000hz for you .....Cheers

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thanks Minion,
    Is there any freeware or trial versions of software that will do this? Thanks.

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

"Tmpgenc DVD Author" has a Fully working 30 day demo that you can download...Look in the software section of this Site and you should find it....Cheers

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thanks Minion,
    I downloaded TMPGEnc DVD Author. Would you please give me a tutorial on how to use it. First I used Isobuster, just like before then TMPGEnc to merge & cut then simple de-multiplex but when I try to load my sorces I'm getting a vidio framerate error. If you would help me out I would be very gracious and appreciate it lots. It can't be that difficult can it? If I can get the first one I'll be set. Thanks a million.

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well maybe there is something wrong with the Framerate...Maybe the File is a Pal VCD file and you are trying to author it as a NTSC DVD or the other way arround but i really Couldn"t tell you untill I know everything about the File....

If you download "Virtual-Dub" and load your Mpeg1/VCD file into it and then go to "file" to "file Information" it will List everything about your Mpeg1 file...
    Then Post back with all of the Frame rate and Resolution of the Mpeg1 file and tell me if you are trying to make a NTSC DVD or a Pal DVD and I will try to help you out....

I have actually never Put Mpeg1/VCD Files on DVD Before so I can"t give you much first hand Information on how it is Done....When i used to Make VCD"s I made Non-Standard VCD"s or XVCD"s and I used Mpeg2 instead of Mpeg1 which Gave me Better quality and I knew at the Time It would be easier to back them up to DVD as Mpeg2 files when I got a DVD Burner....

Cheers

11. onpoint07

onpoint07 Guest

hello. i did everything like it said. and i made a movie. it was a small one. open waters. when i try top make another one. i get as far as taking the mpeg out of the bin. then i try dvd lab it says only one file at a time. then i tried to make tihe 2 mpgs into one on tmpgenc. i tells me cantnot open or unsupported. i tried everything. i made one yesterday and was so happy. but today. i cant do anything right. any ideas. thank you so much

12. Natas621

Natas621 Member

have a SVCD followed steps and now i have a sync problem at the half way point of the movie just like you said. What can i use to check the file and post the info for some help? Sorry such a dumb question im just stuck and wasting many a dvds.

13. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Sync problem is caused From joining the 2 SVCD Files with tmpgenc, What you would have to do is use a different Program to Join your SVCD files together...
    I don"t know of anything that is free that you can use to Join the SVCD/Mpeg2 files together, What I use is "Womble Mpeg2VCR" but it isn"t free....

You could author the 2 SVCD Files to the Same DVD as 2 seperate Files with a Link on the Menu going to Part 1 and Part 2 ??

Or what might work is if you Cut a Few Frames off the End of Part 1 and then Joined Part 1 and 2 with Tmpgenc ,This might prevent the sync problem....

Well Good Luck

14. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

finally a post that actually explanes how to make a bin and cue to dvd i almost passed out from sheer shock of finally seeing a post that explanes it. I think i speak for all of us, even the guys that got a bit of trouble with it yet,thanks for finally answering this question this should be made into a guide cause the guide that says how to make a bin and cue cd to vcd with nero also says its possible to make a dvd with it too but this is just impossible cause of the audio not being right and they have no instructions on how to do it anyway

15. Natas621

Natas621 Member

Minion, I got Womble and i followed the guide on how to join them but everytime i get only the first half. Have any idea why this is happening or what im doing wrong? Ive done it about 5 times now and i thought i was following the guide perfectly?

16. Natas621

Natas621 Member

Nevermind man i got it. Sorry to post such a dumb question all i ad to do was hit all on the configuration screen. Thanks for all the help i think i finally know what to do start to finish. Also i agree with that other guy, that should be the new guide cuz i couldnt get any others to work.

17. Ruffrow26

Ruffrow26 Guest

I have some movies that are in VCD format that I want to convert over onto to DVD+R discs. How do I go about doing that ?

I have the TMPGENC program..

18. Ruffrow26

Ruffrow26 Guest

I have some movies that are in VCD format that I want to convert over onto to DVD+R discs. How do I go about doing that ?

I have the TMPGENC program..

19. Ruffrow26

Ruffrow26 Guest

Sorry about the double posts. I must of hit the reply button twice..

SORRY!

20. Minion

Minion Senior member

With VCD"s you have to use "Tmpgenc DVD author" because "DVDLab" doesn"t support Mpeg1 Files...

"Tmpgenc DVD author" will also de-Mux and Resample the Audio to 48000HZ for you But it will Decompress the Audio also which Makes it so the Audio files are Bigger than the Video files so you would only be able to Fit Half as Much on a DVD-R, Like maybe 3-4 Hours compared to 6 to 8 hours when useing Mpeg1 Layer 2 or Dolby AC3 audio....

So when Putting VCD"s on DVD it is best to De-Mux and resample the audio to 48000HZ yourself before authoring the Files to DVD...You can de-Mux and resample the audio useing "Tmpgenc" (The Encoder Not the DVD Authoring Program)....

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.