1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394 problem..

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Adrian11, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Adrian11

Adrian11 Member

Ok,recently got this new mobo (GA-7VT600 ) becuase my old asus was out of date, i have an amd athlon xp 2200+ cpu, 512mb kingmax ddr400, geforcefx5200 graphics card.

When i put it all together i thought it was all going to be good, win xp loaded but when i tryed to play my 3d games it would go blue screen and be unstable, so i noticed on the motherboard it had switches to adjust the multiplyer ratio, and the cpu clock, so i switched the clock button to on, and adjusted the multpliyer to 17x it loaded up at about 1.7ghz my games all worked fine yay, but doing that reduces the fsb by a bit and 1.7 was the maximun i could get it to run at. I was wondering if their is anythnig else i could try to get it back to 1.8 our higher?

If i turn the cpu clock back to auto and set the multipyer back to auto it will run at its correct speed and work in xp for normall stuff but wont work for games, sorry for it being a bit long any help would be appreciated.

2. greasygee

greasygee Member

Do you have the latest BIOS for the board, and the latest drivers for the video card?

3. Adrian11

Adrian11 Member

yes, i do.