1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOOM III HELP !!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ayougo, Aug 23, 2004.

1. ayougo

ayougo Guest

I got doom III all burned but when i insert the disc 1 it brings me to the play screen then when i click play it tells me that it cant find the dam disk and to insert it. Ive tried every method of burning this possible. The original data came from a bin file that i downloaded. i have a plextor premium 52/32/52 burner i think and ive tried the one sheep thing and the two and i still cant get it to play :( please help or tell me how to do this. Thank you.

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

that game is very hardware dependant, you will need one of the select few drives that can read and write it.

3. ayougo

ayougo Guest

i have the best burner for copying games and cds there is. but im pissed that after all my wait and download the dam game wont let me play it unless i get a crack but i hate having to do that when all i want is just a back up. :(

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

What software are you using? What settings?

Doom 3 is a real booger to back up. I made a great working copy using my PlexPremium and Alcohol 120% with the default SafeDisc 2/3 setting except I knocked the write speed down to 4X.

Here's a great thread for you:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/100735

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I should fully read posts before answering.

If you downloaded the game it isn't working for reasons other than your burner.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Long shot here but give this a try. Burn the image of cd 1 at 4x, then try BlindWrite Suite 4.57(pm me if you need), read image at 4x, burn image at 4x. PM me or Neph for additional BW 4.57 read and write settings.

7. ayougo

ayougo Guest

OMG, you are the man, it worked !!! i now have a backup of cd1 and i now know how to take the bin ( i downloaded on of the cds its cost me $ though ) and i turned it into a working backup SWEET. my only problem now is trying to figure out why my cd key wont work with multiplayer i hope knowone else has my key or somehting ill be pissed. 60 bucks for nothign :(

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I didn't think it would work as I'm shocked too m8 :) PM and maybe I can further assist you.