1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overlaying Live video with pc tv out feed ?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 2confused, Aug 24, 2004.

1. 2confused

2confused Member

Does anyone know of a cheap effective way to [bold]Overlay Live video[/bold] (via a composite feed) with PC generated TV OUT feed (again via a composite feed)?

The Video system is [bold]PAL[/bold] by the way.

Essentially, what I need is pointing towards a device that can overlay the PC image on top of live video - that can then be pushed to a display screen.

The device doesn't need to do any additional fancy wipes/ fades etc as once it is set up - I guess it will stay set like that.

2. SniperFox

SniperFox Guest

Are you talking about a switcher if I recall they use those in tv studios when recording shows to switch from one camera to the other. What you do is hook up your live feed into one camera spot and your pc image into the other camera spot, camera 1 and camera 2. Now have your live feed on camera one and slowly use the wipe to bring in camera 2 which is your pc image. Don't wipe all the way or you will totally change over to the pc image. Adjust the sharpness of you pc image but that should do the trick, place the output into what ever device you want to watch or record.