1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi to Mpeg to DVD problem...

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by HouseWear, Aug 26, 2004.

1. HouseWear

HouseWear Member

Ok. Heres my problem. I have an AVI file i wanna download. First i decompressed the audio from the avi. Then I converted both those files (the original avi and the new AVI audio file to mpeg using TMPGEnc DVD Author Plus thingy. When i play this mpeg in windows media player the sound works perfect. Yet when I use the dvd writing tools to burn it (i burn only the video folder cause the audio gets merged i think, its empty anyways, correct me if im wrong) no sound comes out.

If you know how to fix plz hookem me uppers and post ur thoughts. Thanks in advance.

2. HouseWear

HouseWear Member

no <3. Whats the dillie-y0.

edited cause i cant spel.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Run. N00bie in the forum!!![/small]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

First a warning, multiposting is not allowed here so just be advised of that. Read the rules if you have not done so yet. I'm not trying to be a hard-ass here but it is just better to let a person know.

You are right about the audio folder being empty. Your audio is multiplexed in with your new mpeg. If you can play the mpeg with the media player and the audio works, then the sound is there.

How did you convert the .avi to .mpeg? TMPGEnc DVD Author is not a converter so do you have another program you are using? There is a program called TMPGEnc Plus 2.5. Is that your converter?

4. HouseWear

HouseWear Member

Sorry for the multi-posting. My bad.

And yes. I'm using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 to convert from AVI to mpeg. I've tried numerous different settings to no avail. I did figure out that the avi audio was compressed so I downloaded decompressor.exe and made a seperate audio file. I then open the TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 and convert both files (the original avi and the new .avi that decompressor made) into mpeg. I then test the mpeg out by playing the mpeg with media player. Works great.

Then. I open TMPGEnc DVD Author and convert the AVI into those Audio and Video folders. I specfiy mpeg layer2 for audio (although I've tried all the setting and none work) and set my res and all that. It converts and the DVD writer tools come up. I select the new folder to write and click write to DVD. It makes the DVD perfect minus all audio. No hissing or anything.

Any help is appreciated.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I spent some time looking at this and have not come up with anything other than TMPGEnc DVD Author does not like your audio format. You probably figured that out yourself!
    So what file extension are you getting on your audio after you run the thing through 2.5?

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What happens if you burn the VIDEO_TS folder with something else than DVD Author?

7. nugadude

nugadude Guest

i also have no sound after using tmpg enc...what else can i do? what is the exact order i do things in?

8. HouseWear

HouseWear Member

Heres what u wanna do. Get bittorrent. not sure of the exact spelling as im drunk and lazy. Anyways. Get decompressor.exe . Thats ur bitch. U wanna run dcompressor.exe on all the avi's u try to create. It will create a seperate pcm file. then use the tmpge plus and select to avi as the video...then sleect the pcm as the audio....select ur pcm file as the audio and ur good to go. any questions email me at royclaypool@comcast.net