1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying dvd to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vinzul, Aug 26, 2004.

1. vinzul

vinzul Guest

what software can i use to back up my dvds

i have two drives a dvd rom and a dvd-+rw i would like to put a dvd in the dvd rom and copy it to the dvd-r with out copying any thing to my hard drive

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Off the top of my head ... You can use AnyDVD w/ CloneDVD2, AnyDVD w/ Recode2(part of Nero 6), or DVDXCopy to make a backup and it will delete the temp. files once it's burned.

Ya know you can use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free), and when your done backing up ... just delete the files.

3. michigan

michigan Guest

I think he wants to do a "on the fly" burn. It's not recomended it causes LOTS of errors.

4. vinzul

vinzul Guest

yes thats ex what i would like to do on the fly copy
    iam new to backing up my dvds
    is there any way of on the fly copy with out err
    what programe will let me backup on the fly

5. vinzul

vinzul Guest

i would like to thank every one a head of time for all the help

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

vinzul

After hundreds of backups I can tell that there is little benefit to on the fly copying because of potential problems. First, most DVD's are type 9's which means they need to be compressed before burning, only type 5's can be copied on the fly. Second you run the risk of semaphore timeouts (your equiptment could stop responding)which will result in coasters and wasted media.

Go here and get a free copy of DVD Shrink which will rip, remove encryption, and compress. You'll need another buring app to burn such as Nero. If you don't have anohter app to burn then you can download a copy of DVD Decrypter which is also free and use it to burn but you have to process in ISO mode. You can start by reading this guide.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

Next if you need more help go to this thread and ask for ddlooping and tell him Sophocles sent you.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88038

Or go here and start another thread and ask for ddlooping.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004