1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about monitor filter screens

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by glenn04, Aug 27, 2004.

1. glenn04

glenn04 Member

Hi,

I bought a antiglare/antiradiation filter to put in front of my computer screen. Their is a ground wire coming out of the filter screen, I was wondering, where do i clip this wire to? Do I put it to somewhere on the wall socket or some pipe in the house or is this supposed to be just clipped to somewhere on my computer?

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Just attach the wire to the back of the computer onto the metal, and that will ground it.

CJC

3. glenn04

glenn04 Member

I can't, I have a laptop.

4. glenn04

glenn04 Member

Anyone else can confirm or suggest something else?

5. CJC

CJC Regular member

From memory LCD and CRT's have differnt Anti-Glare Filters, as well as Laptops have a differnt Anti-Glare which i think sticks over the top of the screen and can be replaced when needed.
    Im not 100% sure on this though.

CJC

6. glenn04

glenn04 Member

ARE YOU SERIOUS!??! I just bought a filter, I figure it can go on laptops to. Maaan, that means I might have wasted money on this one.

Can someone out there please help me!! LCD and CRT's have differnt Anti-Glare Filters?? Or can you use the filters for both?? I need to know quick so I can return this filter soon.

7. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Are these screen filters any good?
    I was thinking of getting one because if my wife stays on the PC for more than a few minutes she starts feeling ill and faint.

8. glenn04

glenn04 Member

yes, get antiglare/antiradiation filter. And also putting a fan blowing into my laptop help keep it cool, too. Cause if it gets to hot, it can emit fumes. I got a laptop, but I assume it's similar to a desktop hardrive. And be sure you have lots of ventilation, open windows so any fumes that still comes out of it can dissipate. OH, i forgot, if you have a desktop computer, you might want to open the harddrive, the big metal box and clean the dust out and leave it open and have a fan constantly blowing in it to keep the mechanical/chips inside of it constantly cool so it doesn't over heat and emit invisible fumes. It doesn't seem like a neat setup, but whatever might work right?

I used to get sick, too, but I'm doing better now.

What could also be the problem is if you have viruses or spyware in the computer, then it can overwork it and make it hotter, too. So download spybot and hijackthis. Also after you use those things to clean your computer, download firefox browser, cause that browser doesn't have the holes like Internet Explorer, which lets lots of viruses come through.

Here is what you do, use the spybot and search and destroy anything affected in your computer.

Spybot search and destroy download here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Then use hijackthis and post the hijackthis report at the tech forum and they will help you, read the directions on what I mean at the site.

Hijackthis directions/forum location/download here:
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Then download and use another browser, not internet explorer cause it lets viruses come through, instead use firefox or mozilla, I am using firefox, and it's a lot better and I haven't gotten a virus since.

Fire Fox browser download here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/

Note: If you want to download firefox first and then start doing all the other stuff in this browser, that might be a good idea, too.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  9. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Thanks for your help glenn04,

I am familiar with this. I built the computer myself.

That may be the problem, she could be reacting to the freon gas I use to keep it cool.

I got Adaware, Spybot, Spyware blaster, Spystopper, two pop-up killers, Norton Antivirus 2004 professional, windows xp firewall and Kerio Personal Firewall version 4.0.

I have tried these in the past but found they were too slow so I reverted back to internet explorer.

Anyway, about these antiglare/antiradiation filters. Are they any good?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Athlon XP2500+Barton OC'd to XP3200+ running at 2.2Ghz
    Asus A7N8X-X
    1Gig 400DDR Ram
    160Gb Seagate Barracuda[/small]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  10. glenn04

glenn04 Member

I don't know, i put one on my laptop. To be honest, I have no idea if it's making a difference. Psychologically, it makes me feel better to have one, not sure if it's working biologically.

Keeping my computer cool has made a major difference though.