1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIN and CUE files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Benson2k5, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Benson2k5

Benson2k5 Member

Hey guys, got a noob question,

I downloaded a movie and it came in bin and cue files. What do I have to do with these to make them play?? I realize that it is probably a dumb question but any help would be greatly appriciated. :)

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

you have to extract the mpeg file out of the bin image(although powerdvd can playback the file straight from the bin image without extracting), but i recommend you extract the mpeg video file. first download a copy of isobuster from here http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/ then load the bin image of the file into isobuster, then click on the mpeg2 file of your svcd image, then right click on avseq01.mpg and select the option 'extract but filter only m2f2 mpeg frames', this will enable you to watch the file through your favourite software dvd player i.e powerdvd(or if you have mpeg2 codecs installed you'll be able to watch the file thru any media player install on your pc), but if your movie is a vcd, in isobuster select the mpegav file and then right click on the avseq01.dat file and again select 'extract but filter only m2f2 frames', but when isobuster asks you where you want the file saved and want name you want the file to be simply put .mpg at the end of avseq01, this will automatically convert the .dat file to a true mpeg1 video stream without having to convert the .dat to a true mpeg1 file later with other programs.

cheerz

3. iwantit

iwantit Member

Hi there Guys, Got a noob follow up question,

I'm in the same situation however my downloaded SVCD movie came in "3 folders CD1 CD2 CD3" with .bin and some .cue files (inside rar files)

Also there are a few "XXX-XXXXXX.rXX" files and .sfv files in each of the 3 main folders

I dont know what to do with all these files or maybe which ones I should be focusing on?

I want to create a DVD-R Movie. I have DVDlab installed
    Can you help me? please :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Achieve Your Goals : Forever[/small]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004