1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NETFLIX or BLOCKBUSTER??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by krsmith, Sep 2, 2004.

1. krsmith

krsmith Member

Which one do you guys think is the best choice for renting DVDs online? Which one and why?

2. 64026402

64026402 Active member

What about blockbuster unlimited DVDs for 24.99?
    Been down the net flix road. They are mostly a scam.
    A one week turn around on movies is to slow to make them useful.

3. datageek

datageek Member

We currently are on the movie pass w/blockbuster for $15 for the 1st month and limit of 2 movies out at a time. No limit to how long you keep them, but if you watch it and return it, you cna get a lot of movie hours. After the 1st month it goes up to $25 a month

4. breunor

breunor Member

I just signed up with Hollywood video, their deal is 3 movies at a time for $15 a month, $10 for the first 3 months. Netflix was OK when I tried it a few years ago, but the turnaround was slow, and the popular movies typically had a waiting list, I had some movies on wait for over 1 month! I dropped them at that point.

5. BigChief1

BigChief1 Member

Man, fu*k Blockbuster. I deal with Netflix and when I return a movie they get it the next day and when they send me a movie I get it the next day. The worst case is two days and that's rare. Blockbuster has no customer service and it has always pissed me off how they came out with this get is back by noon bullsh!t or get charged an extra day. They were a monopoly. They thought that they owned the movie rental industry and had no competition so that gave them a right to hit you with all these fees. Then Netflix came out and is whipping their a$$. Let me tell you friend, Netflix is way better and if you don't think so then ask yourself why did Blockbuster start doing this unlimited movie promo and now trying to rent online? Netflix was whipping their a$$ so now they are trying to compete. I haven't been to Blockbuster in almost two years and when Netflix teams up with TiVo it will be curtains to Blockbuster. Netflix is also going to be coming out with video game online rentals too.

6. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Bigcheif
    You must live next door to netflix. I never got a movie back in less than six days. They use regular mail and the address was in Texas so 3-4 days each way seemed about normal.

I am happy to here about hollywood though. I got one next to me. I'll give it a try.