1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rmvb convert problem....

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by {TKO}, Sep 6, 2004.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

tmpgenc will not re-encode an rmvb file i have....do i need a codec or another software to re-encode?.....thanx in advacne for the help

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

1. Use something like Realaudio-to-Wav Recorder to encode the Real Audio to WAV (PCM/16bit/44.1kHz).

http://www.geocities.com/rawavrecorder/

2. Now use TMPGEnc:

First close wizard, then load in a Template (use Load button - right corner). Choose one that's best for your video - NTSC (29.97 fps), NTSCFilm (23.976 fps) or PAL (25 fps)

Video source: should be - original RMVB file
    Audio source: should be - the WAV file that was created.

START to encode.

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

why does this work?...what's the original problem?.....it's not that i don't believe you i just like to know the specifics....for learning purposes

4. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

btw......it worked....thank you very much...i'm guessing that means it is the audio that's the problem......please tell me why.....thanx in advance

5. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

also...since you see mto know your shhhhtuff......tmpenc has the tendency of cutting off the edges of wide screen video....how can i remedy that?

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

1 - your first query --- The reason it would not work is like you said an audio problem cause TPMGenc does not support Real Media Variable Bitrate (RMVB)it contains RV9 (Real Video 9 video) and RA (Real Audio).

2 - your second query -- can be fixed if you click setting, click the advanced tab and change Video Arrange Method to "Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio)".

Regards.

7. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

you are the man...thanx

8. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Glad i could help ! Happy Burnin'