1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

i have trouble with burning xbox & ps2 games (mostly xbox), can anyone tell me how??.

I tryed too burn True Crime on Xbox with alcohol and it sais that it is only 13 mg burned on the dvd. How do i burn the whole Dvd???

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

This question gets asked at least twice a week. Alcohol 120% cannot burn an xbox game directly from the disk. No program can.

You need to get yourself a dashboard eg:evo x, then you get a ftp client on your pc, you then network your xbox to your pc. Then you can copy the game files across to your computer from your xbox. Then you can patch the .xbe files and create an iso. Then you burn that as an image.

This should give you some foundation to begin your research. I am sure all your questions have been answered on these pages in the xbox backup section before.

3. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

i know i can burn the whole dvd with alcohol, because i did it before, but i dont rememer how.

can someone tell me how?

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

No one can tell you because you cant. The only way you can back up an xbox game with alcohol 120 is by backing up an already backed up game.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

These guys are telling you right. You should use a program like NERO. A few settings will need to be changed but it works for me 99% of the time. If you're interested in going that route let me know. I can get you step by step directions on how to get your back-ups done.

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I don't know of any PC drives that can read Xbox games, so unless you rip the games using the Xbox drive through FTP, there is no other way to back up a game. If you put an original Xbox game in a PC DVD-ROM drive, it will tell you that the disc is only 16MB or whatever. Otherwise, it's impossible to do a disc-to-disc copy using Nero with an original game.

7. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

I NOW I CAN BURN XBOX GAMES WITH ALCOHOL 120% WITHOUT USING FLASH FXP.

I burned True Crime on xbox with Alcohol (4 my friend), then it was 4.2 GB on the DVD.

And then i tryed burning it 4 me, it was only 13 MG burned on the original. so, i know it is a trick 2 do it.

okey.... uniique1 please tell me how you do it with nero............

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I guess a load of us just got ripped off wasting our money on modchips and such eh? All the time and trouble that went into finding the bios, dashboards, and a bunch of other progs for Xbox...All that just to make the Xbox reads burnt games. So simple why didn't the first guy see this?

Kidding aside, here's the deal. Unless you have one of those press burners that that big companies use to make exact duplicates of a game, there is no way. And those things cost in the tens of thousands. The reason being that games have "boot sectors" on them that cannot be copied by market burners. This is where a modchip or some other type of mod comes in. The mod fools the system into thinking that the game is an original so it boots.

9. ev1l

ev1l Guest

you guys when u burn games using alcohol or nero some computer can not handle the same programs you are using. i try burning a cd using nero it fucked up my computer and alcohol works fine with cd rs and dvd rs

10. sarb25

sarb25 Member

I don't think this is possible either. I haven't heard of any method on how to burn xbox game using just nero, but I am interested on how this is performed. Let us know what your secret is.

11. ev1l

ev1l Guest

to copy a xbox game or ps2 you must make a image on your computer and save the image to your desketop or my doucments with alcohol 120 % than u burn the image and there u go. NOTE YOU MUST HAVE A DVD R PROGAM THAT CAN MAKE A IMAGE. I KNOW A COUPLE OF PROGRAMS THAT DONT COPY IMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER. THE PROGRAM I AM USING IS alcohol 120 % AND IT WORKS FINE FOR ME. IF U ARE HAVING TROUBLE BACKING UP GAMES SEND ME A MESSAGE THEN I GIVE U A COUPLE OF WEB SITES WHO ACTALLY DUB GAMES FOR U AND ITS DIRTY CHEAP

12. ev1l

ev1l Guest

alcohol 120 % make a image then burn the image really simple to understand how to use programs. if u need help people i give it all i got or give u a web site who makes games for u

13. ev1l

ev1l Guest

You are required to own an original copy of the title you intend to backup or purchase a backup of from us lol i always laugh at that joke because no people own the original copys of xbox games everybody knows that?

14. pooni

pooni Member

hey uniique1, can you list the step by step directions on how to make backups with Nero, i'm interested in finding out how to do this.

15. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You still don't get it huh. Sure you can make a PS2 backup from an original game using Nero or Alcohol 120%, but it is impossible to make an Xbox backup from an original game using either of those two.
    [bold]NO PC DRIVES CAN READ ORIGINAL XBOX GAMES[/bold]

16. jarradb

jarradb Member

Can anyone please give me some step by step instructions on how to burn a burned xbox game with any program that is free to download and easy to find. thanx

17. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Try DVD-Decrypter, it's a freeware and it's the best. Pop in your burnt game, choose MODE->ISO->READ. Name the game and save. Once it's done reading, put your blank disc in, choose MODE->ISO->WRITE. Find the saved image and hit the picture. And just for safety measures, do write speed at 1X.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"I have a sexy accent and make one mean cup of coffee."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2004
  18. akamurph

akamurph Member

Achilles3, is there any pros or cons for using DVD Decryptor for burning a back-up of an xbox game over using Alcohol 120? Is your success rate pretty good with DvdDecryptor? I haven't tried this yet but am going to tonight... thx in advance.

19. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Well I never have any problem making a backup with DVD-Decrypter yet. It works all the time. Only problem I ran into was when I burnt this game that I downloaded and it didn't work, but I found out that it was a corrupted image. Other than that, DVD-Decrypter is the best program there is out there. Simple and free, what else can you ask for eh?

20. pooni

pooni Member

Hey does anybody know any good sites to download Xbox games from???