1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14Gb MPEG2 File needs authoring with fast software

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by iani, Sep 8, 2004.

1. iani

iani Guest

I have a 14Gb MPEG2 file on my hard drive. I captured it form my Winfast PVR2000 card and now want to author it to DVD and then run it through DVD Shrink to get it onto a dual-layer disk to be played on my standalone DVD player connected to the tv.

However, when I used ulead DVD moviefactory 3.0 to create the VIDEO_TS directory and importing the mpeg file it takes for ages and in the end I gave up.

Which is the fastest DVD authoring software to use and how long am I looking at to convert the 14GB file?

I have tried TMPGEnc but it could not open the mpeg2 file. I downloaded the codec but it still doesn't work.

Please help.

2. Braxas

Braxas Member

You could possibly try using MainConcept's MPEG2 Encoder. That is pretty swift on its feet and has a good source of options inside the program itself. The other option would be to frameserve it from VirtualdubMod to TMPGEnc so TMPGEnc can recognize it properly. As long as Virtualdubmod can render it properly TMPGEnc shouldn't have a problem doing the encoding. I do some of my converts from AVI -> MPEG this way if an AVI is acting particularly funky for some reason - sometimes it's worth the time and fixes the issue.