AfterDawn Forums

How to copy SACD and get even better sound...

I soldered pure silverwires directly to the analog-output of the DAC (in this case a Pioneer DV-565). On the other end RCA (chinch) plugs - this connected to my M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 soundcard. Played a SACD and recorded it with 24bit 96kHz, rendered it with Wavelab 5 & Apogee UV-22HR to 24bit 192kHz, converted to DVD-A standard and burned it to a DVD+R (could be a DVD-R also). I compared the original (SACD) with the DVD-A copy and guess what....surprise, surprise... the DVD-A copy sounds better (due to the filtering problems of SACD I guess). Strange is that despite the better tonality of the copy the DVD-A sounds much more rhythmic (foottapping factor) and natural than the SACD.
▼▼ This topic has 0 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.