1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a DVD...

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by tomdtomd, Sep 10, 2004.

1. tomdtomd

tomdtomd Guest

Hi there,

I attended an event recently that was filmed on camcorder by two different people from different angles. One person put his video on DVD (VOB) and the other person put his on a cassette. I would like to try and combine shots from the two and put them on one new DVD (I will be using a capture card to capture the cassette version).

Can anyone recommend any software that would be suitable for this task? I read somewhere that Adobe Premier does not support VOB files.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2004
  2. Braxas

Braxas Member

NeroVision Express 2. While not the most sophicated piece of software it also will not have you scratching your head for hours on end wondering what the heck is going on with it with thousands of confusing settings.

Nice thing is it can even do the capturing for you from the VHS tape to the DVD. It will import *almost* any format out there. The two I've ran into it won't support are .ogm's and .mkv's. I doubt you'll have any problems with NeroVision Express 2. The only thing it *IS* picky about is having your codecs setup right. I've had it lock up on my a few times trying to edit a movie (bumping up the volume for instance) because a codec was whacked and Nerovision Express threw a hissy fit over it.

3. rodolfor

rodolfor Member

Hi guys, thx for that help. I am bought a dvd, "The Last Samuri" I wanted to make a back up of the dvd, so i used a program called "DVD X Copy" it had worked fine for other movies allthough when i tryed to use it for this movie it did not work. I was wondering if any one has any idea of what went wrong. I think it might be that the DVD has a encryption on it? If anyone knows how i can fix this problem please help me out. THX

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi rodolfor,
    Kind of a bad place to start a new thread, You need to go over to the X copy forum. This is a thread discussing DVD authoring.

I know AfterDawn can get a bit confusing for newcomers, we have lots of forums. Picking the right one to post in can be difficult.

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/