1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Calibration Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pcola001, Sep 10, 2004.

1. pcola001

pcola001 Member

Not sure if this is right place But have big problem
    I have an optorite DD0405., used Phillips dvd laser lens cleaner on it, now wont burn dvds and got power calibration error,. Does anybody know how to re-calibrate or some fix or did I damage writer. Was Recording fine before used cleaner. Writer 1 month old. win xp 2.8
    If that helps Nero 6

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

A power calibration error is normally caused by problems with the blank media. Try to use good quality media. It is possible ( although i doubt it) that you have knocked the laser a little out of alignment. If that happened it needs to go to the repair shop. But again I do not think that is what you did and I think it is the blank media.

3. pcola001

pcola001 Member

I made over 100+ dvd backups and then used laser cleaner that I used on my dvd players and now wont accept any media i put in. It started Immediately after use of lens cleaner with the 3 brushes on it think maybe the lens got knocked or moved out of alignment since from your reply that could happen.
    Guess could throw it out in the 3rd Hurricane coming
    and get it re-aligned. LOL thanks for help