1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dwylo, Sep 14, 2004.

1. dwylo

dwylo Member

Hi all

I am a newbie to this forum and I wonder if someone can help me with this.

I would like to put different VOB files into one DVD-R (DVD space permitting) but I don't know how to edit the IFO, BUP files for it to work on a DVD player.

I can play the individual VOB files using PowerDVD. I think I'll need some help on the DVD structure.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

dwylo,

The proggy you're looking for is called IFOEdit (version 0.95) and it will allow you to build your necessary IFO and BUP files so that your VOB files will be complete and they'll play on a stand alone DVD Player :)

CHEERS,

Pete

3. jadsru1

jadsru1 Member

HI
    I am somewhat new to this ripping/copying/backing up/encoding stuff. I have been having a problem for a while and I think I am getting an idea how to resolve it.
    I have noticed for while not that not all my dvd backups played on my Dell laptop supplied LG DVD rom-- I use Power DVD 5--
    I thought it was a media issue, so I got other/better media to use...went from dunex, memorex to sony. I kept on getting the same problem, until I noticed that the only backups that play are the ones made with dvdxcopy platinum or dvdxrescue as opposed to the backups made with shrink 3.2, alcohol 120%, decrypter. (BTW, regardless of the media or software I used, they all played on my home dvd player) so I dismissed the bad media theory and started thinking at other things. What I gathered from all this is that dvdxcopy and rescue all produced and burnt from vob files, whereas the other programs copied from image files(iso, etc.)
    Now my question is: how, if possible, do you get vob files from shrink, decrypter, alcohol or any other software because I don't like using dvdxcopy.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

dvd shrink will rip vob files.You just edit as normal,and then when you click backup,choose,hard disc folder, in the drop down box,under select back up target.Youll need a burning app,my choice is nero.Dvd decrypter(free) will rip in the file mode also.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Howdy there jadsru1, Welcome to aD :)

Excellent advise from Jim -

Don't forget to go to DVD Shrink, go to "Edit", then "Preferences", and then to "File I/O" and "Tick" "Enable burning with Nero". Then when you click "Backup" change the selections in "Target Device".

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

The reason I suggest DVD Decrypter is simply because of the price. Nero is an excellent investment, I wouldn't "leave home without it" :)

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Ho there Jimbo, Long time no see'em - Where's your rod Buddy ??

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

My rod is in my hand 24/7 he he
    oh, your probably not asking about that rod.. LOL
    If your talking about my gif,its their, I thought.
    I always forget about the autoburn with nero.I dont use it, since I like to check the vobs, in windvd before burning.(still dont trust myself)
    blaze on clubbers
    jim
    take care pete

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I'm glad your going good my friend,

You know where I'll be Jim, over by the potted palm, sucking on some suds,

Later Jim, good to chat with you -

Pete