1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Music to Menus in DVDLab ..help please

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Navig8r, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

I am using DVDLab, with much success I might add, love the program. What I am trying to figure out is...
    On the menu's you are able to add a background sound, there are 2 files included with DVDLab already...
    how do I add my own music say MP3's for example, what do i need to convert them to and what is the easiest way to convert these files (MP3) to be used in DVDLab

thank you

I do appologize after refreshing my screen I noticed a prior post with the same question I have my answer due to Fasfrank once again tha Fas one comes through....your the man Fas..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Navig8r,

The only thing I've ever done is convert CD tracks to .wav files. I've been using Nero rip the CDs. It's so easy I don't even remember how I actually do it. I guess I just load the CD and tell Nero what I want for an output. I imagine the same would hold true for MP3 stuff. Let me know how it goes.

I'm glad you are having success with DVD Lab. I really enjoy making the menus and doing the linking.

One person I was trying to help was having problems with the compiler. He is trying to compile some pre-rendered motion menus and the compile was failing. I have done a total of one pre-rendered menu. Very interesting process though. Your menu button images end up as part of the motion background and if I remember correctly you add a hot spot to the area where your button image is and link to that.
    Just curious if you have tried a pre rendered menu or have had any problems with the compiler.

Cheers,
    Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    dual Xeon 3.06, 2 WD 76Gb Raptors, raid 0, Maxtor 250, 2Gb RAM, 2 monitors, GSXR1000, 88 Mazda truck
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  3. andhrite

andhrite Guest

Only thing to remember while ripping is to set the audio frequency to 48 MHz. It would normally be 44.1 MHz when you rip the wav from CD.
    If your ripping tool has that capability, set it there or use other programs like besweet to convert to dvd enabled sound.