1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Dvd Problem using Nero

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Stevesco, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Stevesco

Stevesco Member

I just converted an Avi to Dvd using WinAvi Video Convertor software.
    My problem is when I tried to burn the Dvd using Nero is that I get an error message saying ...

"The file VTS_01_1.VOB is larger than 2GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system. Please use the UDF file system to write such large files. This can be done by selecting another compilation type."

I was using the Dvd-Video option..I did try the other Dvd-rom(UDF)and (ISO) but got the same message when I dragged the file across.

Any advice please on what I'm doing wrong or how to burn this some other way ?
    Thanks
    Steve

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Stevesco

A VOB file should never be larger than 1 gig (1024 megs) or it will be non compliant. This the problem that Nero is having.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."[/small]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  3. debs182

debs182 Member

Try aprogramme called dvd shrink, open the file, it will analyse it then when it's finished click on back up and it will encode it making it writable.