1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Sure it is, like being a legend in my own mind, kinda like the statue of Rocky you have in Philly. Still lookung for the cell jammer when I get a free minute, might come in handy at work.

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LOL! I guess you're right. If you find something about jamming, let me know. I haven't found anything.

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

Thanks guys, I've setteled back in already (after 2 days off :p)

~LoL~!

4. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

that's a nice sig rav.

Good morning all!

Nothing to bitch about..., yet...

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

Thanks, got it OK'd by the mod's this time...we don't want that whole fiasco again, well atleast I don't...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@rav...very nice indeed. If memory serves, photo hosting sites like photobucket will tell you it's size.

7. rav009

rav009 Active member

Or you could always use the handy ole' right mouse button Gerry :)

Its 19.75 kB (20229 bytes) , way under the allowed limit of 50kb.

Also, length & height wise its OK too, did it in Adobe Photoshop CS2.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YE,as apple loves ye money..
    HERES A BITCH FOR YE IPOOOOOOOD OWNERS..

Some video iPods have virus

p2pnet.net News:- Apple Computer is seriously piqued with Bill and the Boyz because Microsoft Windows isn't "more hardy" against viruses such as RavMonE.exe.

The company's is upset by the fact some video iPods shipped after September 12 are infected with said virus.

Less than 1%, "left our contract manufacturer carrying the Windows RavMonE.exe virus," and "RavMonE.exe affects only Windows computers" and, "up to date anti-virus software which is included with most Windows computers should detect and remove it," says Apple.

"So far we have seen less than 25 reports concerning this problem," says a statement. "The iPod nano, iPod shuffle and Mac OS X are not affected, and all Video iPods now shipping are virus free.

"As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not catching it," says the company, not passing up the chance for a few more hefty digs at Microsoft.

"Because this Windows virus propagates via mass storage devices, we recommend that you scan any mass storage devices that you have recently attached to your Windows computers such as external hard drives, digital cameras with removable media, and USB flash drives," it declares, adding:

"While this Windows virus does not affect Mac OS X or the iPod itself, Mac customers can use iTunes 7 to easily restore the software on their newly purchased Video iPod to ensure that it does not carry this Windows virus. The Video iPod can then be used on a Windows computer without concern."

There's no mention of how the virus got onto the iPods in the first place.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

look out for ye web pal as he might be on his way to ye house

Britain's First "Web-Rage" Attack
    Posted by CmdrTaco on Wednesday October 18, @08:28AM
    from the why-can't-people-just-get-along dept.
    The Internet
    brown-eyed slug writes "The BBC is reporting what is claimed to be Britain's first "web-rage" attack. A man drove seventy miles to assault his victim with a pick-axe handle after they exchanged insults in a Yahoo! chat room. From the article Det Cons Christopher Creagh, of the Metropolitan Police, said: "This is the first instance of a web-rage attack." Det Sgt Jean-Marc Bazzoni, of Essex Police, added the case demonstrates the importance of protecting one's identity on the internet. "Mr Jones had posted pictures of his family on the web and had chatted to Gibbons on an audio link," he said. "It demonstrates how easily other users can put two and two together and also shows how children could also find themselves in danger."

the rest of the story
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6059726.stm

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

Thats unbelievable, people must really be shockingly retarded, I've had my fair share of offensive PM's, but I'm not prepared to drive seventy miles to pic-axe someone...

Mr.Jones should have bided my Yahoo! chats rules an not given out his address or personal details, that gets my bitch for today.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

THIS WAS SENT TO ME IN A E-MAIL

This incident happened recently in North Texas.

A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit. She died on Wednesday.

The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass. Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis.

Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances. It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of soda cans before drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.

A study at NYCU showed that the tops of soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e).. full of germs and bacteria. So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident.

Please forward this message to all the people you care about.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

TO ALL MEMBERS

[​IMG]

13. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Ahh, my beautiful Asuka. *NERD* Seriously, some of these modern artists can really make 'em hot!

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@rav....LMAO!! Duh! Learn something every day!

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ireland , another good reason NOT to drink pop . i gave it up 2 plus years ago

16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Just keep that in mind the next time you step on the wrong side of the road with Herbs...LOL

17. rav009

rav009 Active member

~Lmao~, I'll make an exception for some people loco..

Herbsman is alright as far as I know, I've said hi to him a few times on IRC, thats about it...I don't hold a grudge against anyone for that 2-day temp ban, it was the right decision, I f**ked up my sig's URL..:-X

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  18. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

LOL rav, isn't this the part where you're supposed to leave and bitch about our mods all day? ;-)

-sorry, I couldn't resist..

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

LMAO...I was actually talking about Herbs coming to pay you a visit. LOL

Cheers buddy.

20. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I hate school. I'm glad i'm taking 4 classes. going to navy after that. It's going to be TIGHT! PARTY till i leave. which is a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.