1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crisp mobile pics... what's the best handset?

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by Danny11, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Danny11

Danny11 Guest

Hello all. My last three phones have all had picture taking ability, but without much quality (out of all of them, the Sidekick by Danger was probably the best, but the handset is fairly clunky). I am hearing claims that US handsets are getting better and better at creating high quality phone cams (even with flash, sound and now video). However, I have not been able to get much info on what is really good and wanted to hopefully hear from consumers that feel that their handset delivers quality photos (as good as say a lower end digital camera). I am in a picture club on www.sms.ac and receive about 10 pics a day. I also take about 10 a day (yes, a true camera geek!). It would be nice to see these with crisp resolution.

Ciao

2. JR11

JR11 Guest

Hey... I am on the same boat. Tough to get nice quality pics. I would recommend Nokia's overall, as they seem to be the most content friendly. I've not tried SMS.ac, but just read something about them on a similar question (I guess they have some photo app product or something). The forum info is here if you are interested.

http://cwforums.computerworld.com/webx?10@34.10PKax5sVPS^6@.ee98aa8

PS - I hear that in Q1 of 2005, Nokia US is supposed to have some very high quality photo cams. I will be the first on my block to get one!

Best,

JR

3. meta1

meta1 Regular member

It's all a matter of prefrences. I find the new (and older T610/T630) Sony's have the best picture quality.

Nokia's, for me, are no comparisson.

4. xopox3

xopox3 Member

5. meta1

meta1 Regular member

I was using them as an example.. the NEC phones are cheap because they suck and are on the worst network in the world!

Sony mobiles (not just T610s) have great quality and aren't shitty looking or cheaply made, and they are worth the money unlike the NECs.

Everyone has their own prefrences but if you want to waste your money on a NEC phone which is on a shite network, go ahead, your loss.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]~meta1

- PS2
    Silver v.10 w/SwapMagic

- PC
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 3400 / 3.250MHz
    2x 180GB Maxtor SATA Hard Drive
    1.5MB Cable Inet (ntl:home)

- Sony Ericsson T610[/small]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  6. xopox3

xopox3 Member

I just buy a sim card for what ever network i want. I did also mention other phones. But really I also have a t610 and the picture quality is only good in very good lighting.

No hard feelings!

7. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

8. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

dont know all phones only compare my t610 to my v600

the v600 has better picture.

however i see many people slate a phones picture quality without realising on some models (ie v600) they can change the resolution mine has 3 settings, smallest is naff but good for MMS, largest is best but takes up too much file size

i still use the largest & email most of 'em away, so i keep my memory space!

9. meta1

meta1 Regular member

Well the NEW version of the T610 has perfect pictures even in the pitch black, plus the firmware is upgradeable.

That's why I recommend it, the older versions (1-3) suck, the newer (4-7) are excellent, I have v7 and love it.

10. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

T630 has a nice camera.
    Either way if you want quality pics, itz got to be this:
    [bold]k700i[/bold]
    [​IMG]
    or THIS
    [bold]s700i[/bold]
    [​IMG]

11. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

homer drool....
    [​IMG]

12. gwilley

gwilley Guest

the siemens s66 has a 1.3 megapixel camera and the motorola mpx-220 has a 1.23 megapixel camera now availible in the U.S.

13. SoufSide

SoufSide Guest

I currently have a Toshiba VM4050. The screen bigger than most other phones i have seen and the resolution is way better. It has both camera and video, the picture quality isnt the greastest on the market but it does the job. Overall i would reccomend this phone to somone looking for a new phone.