1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R(W) or DVD+R(W) for Backing up DVD Movies? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PumPum, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumPum

PumPum Guest

If I am going to be backing up my DVD movies, which type of DVD+/-R(W) should I be using? I am using a burner that can burn both formats (Sony DRU-540A)

From what I have read, DVD-R/RW are the standard and DVD+R/RW is a newer format. Is it true that DVD-R/RW are slighlty better in terms of playability in standalone (regular) DVD players?

Basically, should I be opting for DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW for my DVD movie backing up purposes? Furthermore, should I be using R or RW disks?

Thanks!!

2. Prelude22

Prelude22 Regular member

Not unless you want to erase, reformat and re-record, your two options are -R and +R. They're much cheaper than RWs. Now, which one you want to use depends on what your DVD player can play. Try them both but be sure to watch the entire movie. Sometimes although the DVD player can read the media, it skips and freezes. So the media you are using might not be compatible with your player. Good luck!

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ritek g04 -r discs should do the trick.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.