1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skirgey

Skirgey Guest

I am in Northeast England, just done another power scan it found 33 and then stored 224 channels, one PPV showed up with Goal2 playing, got my BBC3 and 4 back too.
    Cheers for all the help lads, I will crack on and see what I can get done.

2. Bob66

Bob66 Member

There is a pcb mounted fuse on the board, most likely this has blown also.

3. juc

juc Regular member

should i send it back to where i got it? or could it be fixed easily enough.

4. marvel32

marvel32 Member

HELLO HOW DO U GET THE PPV FILMS? AND ALSO FILMFLEX AND SKY SD 1 AND 2>? CHEERS

5. Bob66

Bob66 Member

You could probably get it fixed here, what happened that it went dead

6. usirname

usirname Member

hi hopefully someone here can answer my question, i have a eurovox max red 07 edition since about the end of may, can anyone tell me is there an update i can get to fix the problem in favourites where i can only organise them into tv channels and not all the catagorys like music, movies etc.

7. bitwabbly

bitwabbly Member

can firmly testify that eurovox 2008 does not transmit true widescreen.

it does not matter if you select fullscreen or letterbox they are both a 4:3 signal.

i.e. the fullscreen mode is NOT the zoomed anamorphic type that will trip you tv into widescreen mode and give a a true widescreen pic all it does is zoom in the picture by cutting off the sides to fit in a 4:3 and thats what it will transmit to your widescreen tv, so you will still have to keep in 4:3 mode or elve it will all get stretched,

else you can use letterbox mode and use your tv zoom , if have, to zoom to fill you widescreen but you do get a grainy picture.

for the 2008 model this is very disappointing.

8. barm

barm Regular member

Dont know if this helps or if you know this already.
    Go to add favourites.On the bottom left you will see colours with TV Channels etc.Press the colour on remote that corresponds with favorite you wish to select.If the category is not there press Fav on remote to change list.
    Just a hint.The order you put stations into favorites is the way they stay.Example; if you put S*Y sports 3 in first,it will be top of list when you go into sports on fav menu.

9. patwin

patwin Member

10. usirname

usirname Member

cheers barm, i was messing around with it teh other night and figured it out, it was quite obvious really! anyway thanks for the help

11. darraghke

darraghke Member

my box went dead.it came up "A fault has occured in this unit.Do not attmpt to re-programme.contact service provider"

Any1 any ideas on how to fix without sending it back

12. Skirgey

Skirgey Guest

I still get a different amount of channels every time I do an autoscan, but after each auto scan it always finds more TVCH channels and these will have ppv movies on some others have replay shows on them.
    Still cannot get ITV3 though, even if I do a Full powerscan and it finds 33 TP's there is no ITV3 found.

I do this powerscan from 000.000 to 999.000 in steps of 8 and I get my best results from that.

13. suse103

suse103 Regular member

you can write down the freq found , do another scan using a step 7 , and note any other freq found , then by step six ,. The do a scan between found freq example if you have 291 and the next one you have is 340 set you scan from 292 to 339 , this is because once a freq is found it jumps from single increases to the step 8 etc...also try starting your scan at a number with .5 added ie 250.5 and do the same..once you have all the
    freq enter them manually

14. Skirgey

Skirgey Guest

Cracking idea mate.... Cheers :D

15. seoirse

seoirse Member

I've had an unusual problem with my Eurovox 2007. I had it working with all the channels 130+ after doing a normal powerscan 290 to 400 at 6887 mbaud. It worked perfectly for a night then no signal the next day, that night they came back without me having to do anything, the next day they were gone and have stayed gone. I tried everything full powerscan etc. checked the cables. I even reconnected my N*L box to see if it still worked and it did S*y S*orts etc. Have N*L copped on? Why would the signal be strong enough to allow the N*L box to work but not the Eurovox? Have N*L changed the mBaud or something else? If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

16. Bob66

Bob66 Member

Seoisre,

Go Back into Installation, and hi light one of the freqencies and see what percentage is on the quality bar.

17. luckyluca

luckyluca Guest

I think they have clocked on somehow...this sounds similar to mine..it worked, now it doesn't and if I highlight the channel it shows 83% then goes to red and very low....I bought a 30db amplifier and though this improved it making it a bit more constant(green light), its still not enough, the signal is somehow downgraded but not enough to affect the normal box ?????

18. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Hi seoirse i had the exact same problem with my box and unfortunately they have copped on and what they are doing are downgrading their signal in areas of the country, the only way around it is to try get a 2006 box as these work regardless, i had two boxes in my house, a 2006 and a 2007 and only the 2007 one stopped working so i swapped my new non working one for a 2006 one with a friend and it worked grand as did the other one in his house. i bet if you try your box somewhere else in your city it'll work.. so see if you can try get a 2006 box but be careful as there are cloned boxes everywhere

19. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

do you know if the 2008 box works regardless like the 2006 model

20. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

no but a friend has one ordered in my area so i'll let you know as soon as he gets it i was gonna get one myself but cause i know the 2006 works i didnt bother,to be honest there's not much difference in any of the boxes anyway..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.